What Would You Do to GH?

• Members

Well ,even being new here...I know that a lot of you are NOT fan's of Robert Guza (head writer of GH). I am not crazy about the way he writes either...And I am sick of the mob, so a new writer would be a gift for all of us.

So, if you had the oppurtunity to write GH (or any soap, I suppose), what would you do? What characters would you keep/get rid of? And what would you want the focus of the show to be.

I am not sure if this is the right section for this topic,but I think it is?

Basically the question is: If you could start writing GH tomorrow, what would you change/add/remove etc. from the show???

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH is a hot mess. Truthfully, I couldn't begin to figure how to fix it in any meaningful way. I do know that if the show had more balance it would be a step in the right direction. The hospital, mob, and the Puffy Prince/Liz/Lucky mess should have equal time.

• Members

Dump:

Sonny, Luke, and Nikolas.

Recast:

Lulu

Bring in feminist writers who love GH or love soaps.

Bring back, on a recurring basis, old favorites like Tiffany, Audrey, and Lesley, just to tell lapsed viewers, "It's OK...you can watch again!"

Get Jason out of the mob. If Steve Burton doesn't like it, he knows where the door is.

Bring Georgie back from the dead. I didn't even like Georgie that much but she was a crucial character, especially for Maxie.

Bring in Sam's father, who has a very complicated past with Alexis.

Either fix L&L2 or write Liz out.

Figure out what to do with Jax and Carly or write them out.

Send Michael away for at least 6 months.

Give Johnny more storyline. Get him out of the mob.

As much as I hate to say it, I would probably just write Edward and Monica out. Tracy might work as a mentor figure and a balls to the wall businesswoman at ELQ. Use her to bring in new business characters.

Write Bobbie out.

Give Robin a health scare which moves her story beyond the safe bubble it's placed in. Never give her another infidelity or jealousy story with Patrick.

Give Matt more to do.

• Members

Carl, I like your ideas. Matt and Georgie would be a great couple. I would like to see Maxie and Lucky as a couple. I also would like to see Jason regain his Q memories and struggle to make better decisions. Jason out of the mob and pursuing a medical career would be a viable love interest for Robin and Liz. One thing you forgot was dumping Spinelli. I also want Carly to go.

• Members

Love all your ideas. I dont know about the Monica and Edward part though.I would rather they elaborate more into Monica and Edward's past. Give one of them another illegitimate child or something...Maybe bring AJ back or something. I like the Quartermaines. But they have failed to do anything with them for years...And I like your idea about Tracy.

Also, the bobbie thing is funny, cause they've pretty much done that. I don't remember the last time she was on screen for anything more than a wasted paycheck of a scene at the hospital...She hasn't had a real storyline in like a decade, and the last thing she had that was even close was when lucas came out, and that was inlike 2005. Bobbie is all but gone. I would write her a huge storyline, then fade her away, and back to recurring, or contract, but not frontrunner.

I agree with the Robin/Patrick stuff, and the Matt stuff too. I dont see why they even brought Matt on. I mean he's on contract (I believe) and he has NEVER had a real storyline (except when he was revealed to be Pat's brother, and even that was brief). And I LOVED when they had him move in with Patrick (when Robin was at the postpartum therapy place...) But they never played that out. I would keep Matt, because he DOESN'T have a huge passt with the show, so in a revamp his character could be written for very easily. I would do something with an estranged wife, a changed name, or maybe just an explosive identity reveal. something true to what soaps were once known for.

I agree with bringing Georgie back.

I dont like Jax anymore, so he can go. I like Carly. But I just want her to not go back to Sonny (even the I used to like them together), because I am hoping Sonny wont be around for long (though I doubt that will happen.) I LOATHE the new Michael. Don't like the actor. HATE the new version of the character. NEEDS TO GO. I would write a modern day Carly/Bobby storyline...Something where Carly returns to her wild trashy side, instead of the new version of her. (I think Laura Wright is phenomenal though!) They havent showcased her enough lately, so I would do that as well.

I want Dante to finally be exposed, so that part of the "mob" storyline will be over.

Lucky/Nick/Liz is getting old. hopefully that comes out this week. (Though I give props to Jonathon Jackson, who is great in the role of Lucky).

I agree with the Steve Burton thing, and I would do the same...But that is tough. They have molded Jason into such a mob-personality, that I think if craptastic Rob Guza tried to write him otu of the mob, it would be a failure and a month later, that would be dropped. I would write hime as maybe having a traumatizing experience in the mob (killin a person in front of their child,or killing some he cares about by accident or something so bad, he would be traumatized) that makes him hate who he is, and have him start remembering his Quartermaine days...Then have him enroll in med school.

Kate would be back on contract, and Sam would become her official editor at Crimson, with Maxie staying Junior. More focus would be on the business aspects of Metro Court (through Carly, and new associates I would write in), and Crimson (with Kate, Sam, Maxie, and maybe a new business man who Kate could get involved with.) JAX OUT.

Diane would be on contract. She would stay with Max, though he would LEAVE the mob. Alexis would remain a frontrunner, but I would rework her to be a more tollerable, less hypocritcal person. Kristina would be either recast, or totally revamped (including a storylin of Keifer abusing her, and it going to cops/court). I would write Diane and Alexis opening a law firm, therefore allowing new characters of busniessmen/women to come on the show, without being a mob boss.

All I want is like an old fashioned love affair. Not the kind Liz is having, but two married people, who know it's wrong but can't leave their marrige for whatever reason. I want MORE focus on the hospital (but PLEASE can we ever have something happeneing in the hospital that is MORE than someone who is shot by Sonny? Holy Moses, the more I think about it...That's all it is)

I would also bring back Audrey, for sure, to work at the hospital. I would want to bring back Lucy Coe (though I believe she is on ATWT now???). Helena would be on more, and she would cause havoc in PC. I would also like Ned to return (I know he is on DAYs, but he could come back for a big storyline involving Brook Lynn and Dillion (who I would also bring back, at least temporarily).

I think Nik is really getting ruined lately. Is the actress that played Katherine Bell, on DAYS or any other soap now? I would bring her back...Maybe as a plot by Helena (as a look a like), or maybe bring her back from the dead, to torment Nikolas.

And if I could figure out how to bring her back...Faith Rosco would RETURN.

It might sound odd, seeing as I am a guy, but I wish they would make the leads of the show strong females, doctors, dirty businessman...etc. Something that could return to GH roots.

• Members

I left Spinelli off just because I think he is already being downgraded thanks to JJ's return, but I wouldn't be sorry to see him leave. The same goes for Ethan. They're both sort of "eh". What I would really love is if Ethan swindled Luke out of everything and then revealed that he was working with Holly all along to con Luke. Then he could go.

Matt/Georgie would be a good couple, you're right.

Seeing Jason as a doctor again or with some of his old Q memories would make a fantastic story, one that could go on for years.

I think there might be some use for Carly, just because she has so many kids who could drive future story, but I wouldn't be that bothered if she left.

I really wonder how viewers would react if Carly, Nik, Luke, Sonny all left around the same time. Would they tune out in droves? Or is the show now hollowed out enough to where it won't make a difference?

I think there's still a way for GH to move forward while honoring their past, through characters like Robin. There are so many people she knew who are no longer in town, and who could return, or visit, just to reestablish what GH used to be.

I would also bring back Tommy Hardy, Tom's son with Simone. He could be an intern.

• Members

The thing is I loved Monica for years, and while I have never been a huge Edward fan, I appreciate John Ingle and I enjoy Edward being the mob truthteller. But when I look at what they've become and their destroyed legacy, I get very sad. I think since the Qs are gone and likely not to return, it may be best to just say a dignified goodbye to them. Tracy has always been as much a standalone character as a Quartermaine, so I would not put her in the same box.

I guess that isn't fair though, and since Edward may not be around much longer anyway, perhaps they should keep him, and keep Monica. I don't know.

I would like to see a more formal goodbye to Bobbie, because she did bring a lot to GH and she deserves a better exit than the long, long freezeout. Have her go open a clinic somewhere else, and have a big party for her, with a return for Lucas, perhaps have Noah or the Joe Behrens character return for her.

I'd also like to see Stefan return in some capacity.

• Members

I would write out the entire Corinthos Clan:

Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sam, Alexis, Kristina, Michael, Jax, Mike, Olivia, Spin, Johnny and Dante.

This leaves Lucky, Liz, Robin, Patrick, Lulu, Maxie, Ethan, Matt and Nik as the young core of characters to begin rebuilding a soap. I would not only not write out Edward and Monica, but I would write in Jimmy Lee so he can bring his evil son to town to be the new Q schemer. Then I would start rebuilding a new soap with doctors, businessmen, schemes, murders, adventures and mysteries. Luke can stay but he would need Robert back as the head of whatever law enforcement agency, and that would mean four or five new characters to assist him at first (in ridding the town of Corinthoses) and then from there they can all spiral out into normal stories about their lives and loves. Basically, do what DOOL did and keep a few vets but introduce a whole new soap. One that is good. Every single name in that first listing of the Corinthos Clad is pretty worthless although I like the kid who plays Michael so would recast him in a different role or keep him but as Michael Quartermaine.

• Members

You are hard core and I like it. Getting rid of the Corinthos family and their hangers on would pivot the show completely towards the hospital, Qs, Scorpios, and Spencers. The hospital needs more doctors and nurses who get real airtime so there can be a mix of personal and medical stories.

I would bring back Anna and Robert to be the mentors to the young crime fighting characters. Robin can even get involved in some of these adventures. Sean and Tiffany's child could be cast as a young female WSB agent or a cop. This way Sean and Tiffany can visit PC occasionally. Felicia can visit and rebuild her relationship with Maxie.

I would get rid of Luke and bring back Laura as the Spencer matriarch. I would send Nikolas away. TC is bored and has no interest in playing the role. I would like to see Leslie back now and then also.

I would keep Edward as mentor to Jimmy Lee's evil son.

This goes to show that GH has the building blocks to rebuild the show, but won't do it.

• Members

I like all this. I'd love to find a way to bring back Georgie too.

And IA Luke is not needed. This show has a patriarch with Edward(should have been Alan). But iA Laura as the matriarch while I am not crazy about GF is needed.

As far as TC he needs to go but I think there is still potetnial for the Cassadines.Problem is they need someone capable as a lead in his role. He's proven he's not. He doesn't have the diversity, talent,presence, or charisma a Stephen Nichols does.I'd recast with maybe someone like a Dean Cain. I don't know maybe he's too old but I've seen him play evil in a couple of films and edgy and he's capable, he's a decent actor, he's incredible looking, and can play a lead role. He and Alexis can then become the heads of the family and Sam, Kristina, and Molly can be brought into the fold. NLG is much too talented to be wasted as she is on this show.

Archived