ATWT: Cady McClain Interview

• Members

Link

Despite what she says, I don't see anything about this interview possibly becoming career-threatening for her. But it's a pretty good interview about the state (past and present) of soaps, the viewers' commitment/vulnerability to soaps, and the well-known "old storytelling vs. new trendy issues" debacle that has haunted daytime for a while.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a pretty good read. I really liked what she had to say about may different issues about representation in the second part of the article. She is right, everyone is pretty much as WASP and where are all the minorities in lead roles? Daytime does need fresh blood, they need a contemporary Agnes Nixon to not only entertain the audience but inform them too in a way that is fun and enjoyable.

• Members

Why is it that people like her are never in charge of daytime? The only people hired in executive roles are those who throw on the cheerleading outfits, the blinders, and who keep cheering on one crapload of bad storytelling after another. I have to wonder if people who are as critical as McClain and others could have turned this genre around while there was still time.

Archived