Short term characters who took off

• Members

I remember when they planned to pair Doris with Buzz - I actually liked that idea, so GL dropped it in three seconds, much like the dynamite storyline of Olivia falling for her rapist. So then Doris arbitrarily became a lesbian and Buzz inexplicably became involved with Lillian, that grinning gorgon of death, otherwise known as "The Only Available Woman Of A Certain Age Left So Dammit, Buzz, You're Gonna [!@#$%^&*] Her."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked Doris/Buzz too, although I didn't really mind Buzz with Lillian, as they were both so over the top (and they had a good scene where she broke up with him because he reminded her of her abusive husband). I did get tired of the whole, "They're old people and they're making out!" jokes, that type of thing in public is a bit tacky at any age.

I know they had Doris with Alan for a while too but I guess that was never supposed to go anywhere.

• Members

she was only suposed to be on every tuesday, i dont think it was every other tuesday. but it was def something about tues and thurs i remember that.

but she had a 3 year contract. she was brought on a minor/supporting player. i wish soaps would do this again. no one needs to come on like gangbusters in our face all day every day. lol.

• Members

Gillespie or "G" on GL was somewhat well-received, so he came back as Grady Foley and was not well-received.

Doris on GL was I think originally intended to be a short-term character only during court scenes. Bringing on Ashlee made her part of the fabric of the show.

• Members

Nah. I wish Reggie did take off, but unfortunately, McTavish just wasn't that into him when she took over five months after MBJ's Reggie was introduced. By the end of his run, he was a glorified babysitter for Lily -- who was getting story after story and even romance after romance. And then didn't get a send off.

Archived