Short term characters who took off

• Members

Hal Munson (ATWT) started out as a dayplayer cop, then ended up having a brief affair with Margo and fathering half of Oakdale.

Gwen Norbeck (ATWT) hired to play an old friend of Ali's and have a bad date with Will, and TIIC liked JL so much, they immediately put her on contract and made her Carly's half-sister.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hmm... Interesting, I didn't know that. I remember back in 1999 when she said she was supposed to be on every other Tuesday. I was just assuming it was supposed to be short term but since fans loved her, it developed into longer.

• Members

How have we gone this long without mentioning Roger Howarth as Todd?

I'm fairly positive both Olivia and Edmund were short-term San Cristobel players on GL at first, as well. And Ashlee and Doris Wolfe.

Mark Lawson as Brody on OLTL - romantic spoiler for Rex and Gigi becomes leading talent based solely on his talent. Oh, and Tonja Walker as Alex Olanov - her run was supposed to end with her attempting to drown Cassie at Loon Lake, I believe, but Linda Gottlieb loved her and the role took off. Timothy Stickney debuted as a recurring player, "Jimmy Glover," a loan shark Max got in deep with due to his gambling. OLTL loved him and decided to make "Jimmy" turn out to be R.J. Gannon. Dunno if THIS qualifies as "taking off," but Jill Farren Phelps turned evil, short-term corrupt cop John Sykes (John Bolger) into a leading man during her tenure at the show, based on her adoration for Bolger as one of her Another World "Friends Of Jill."

Michael B. Jordan as Reggie on AMC. Oh, well.

Was Vienna short term on ATWT at one point?

• Members

I think they did have some plans for Edmund but I can't remember. That whole story was hard to tell because they cast name soap actors as Olivia and Dax, so I thought they'd stick around. I still wish they'd done more with Thom Christopher.

I think Vienna was short term initially.

I forgot about Todd, I guess because he took off so fast.

Archived