SPOILER- Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is JT and Colleen.

With Victor (and maybe Nikki) leaving town, and JT/Colleen (this has been widely reported) leaving town soon for an extended maternity leave...they just won't be back.

The show is phasing out the Newmans, except for Nick-Adam-Abby.

That's speculation...but I'm thinking I'm right.

:lol::lol::lol:

Or Amber!

• Members

Agreed, if any GH writer strikes me as as someone who could fit in at Y&R, it's Michele Val Jean. I think if given the chance, she could whip the minority segment of Y&R into shape, as she's expressed lots of interest in writing for minorities, and from her brief Co-HW run at GH, it was one of the last times GH had some semblance of strong writing for women and even some corporate intrigue with the Deception stuff. She also knows how to do those family oriented and emotionally driven storylines (like Liz's rape).

• Members

It's also funny to note that the more stable her writing staff got, the worse the show got creatively. :lol:

Maria's arrogance pisses me off more than anything else. She knows she isn't qualified for the job, she knows she doesn't need the money, she knows she can attempt to hire people with better track records than Sheffer, Hamner, and Rauch, yet she refuses to step down and let someone with a more competent track record guide the show and she refuses to surround herself with better writers to guide her.

• Members

Why have people like JHC and Barbara Bloom recieved high positions after their sorry ass stint at Port Charles? B&E ruining another soap as well, after being the last HWs of PC?

Does the cancellation of a soap automatically equal Head Writer potential? Executive Producer potential? Such a thing frsutrates me.

• Members

:lol:

Word. Here, unlike with all the other soaps, money isn't really the issue. Especially since we get, like, five daily reports of behind-the-scenes "shopping" splurges (all these newbies etc.). So if you're interested in the quality product, why not buy it then? A writer with a proven track record.

• Members

I think Jimmy and Babs are done for good. They mentioned that prior to coming to AMC to HW, they were getting ready to retire, but Julie and Frons persuaded to give it one last go.

They're also Fi-Core like Maria Arena Bell and Hogan Sheffer. I do not understand why someone is letting two Fi-Core writers like Maria and Sheffer guide Y&R. The show will have a horrible reputation in the industry for a long time because of that...

Archived