Soaps Original or Working Titles

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Theresa never stalked anyone. She knew Ethan since they were children. Pilar had a picture of them together to prove that Ethan knew Theresa before he ever met Gwen.

Ethan clearly loved Theresa because he chose to be with her in the end. The series ended with Theresa and Ethan getting married. Their romance drove the show for nine years.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I remember years ago in one of those teeny bopper magazines a picture of Brian Austin Green (David on 90210) sitting in a director's chair with a script in hand, and on the back of the chair was embroidered "The Class of Beverly Hills" so they must've stuck with that title long enough to make special-made chairs for it :)

On my old website, I had a list of all the working titles; I think you've covered them all. Some of the reasons are interesting. Like Bill Bell thinking "The Innocent Years" wasn't an appropriate name anymore because the world had gotten too provocative already... The Secret Storm being changed from The Storm Within because one of its sponsors was an antacid.... and Search for Tomorrow being changed from Search for Happiness simply because it sounded too happy and positive.

I recently mentioned "Loving" to my mom, someone who worked on and off throughout the 80's but kept up with As the World Turns until she started working full-time... and yeah, she never ever heard of Loving.

• Members

They *say* that 90210 was originally titled Potomac, 20854 (where Darren Starr grew up and based his experience) but I think that's just wishful thinking from the folks from Potomac, or if it is true, it was probably nixed early on under the L.A. happy Spelling banner.

The best thing about Loving's boring, generic title are the the two memorable theme song vocals it birthed.

• 11 months later...

Archived