Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Rick dated her. And did Frank date Dana - I don't know, I have not watched a lot of that story.

You have great ideas about what they should have done with Nola. I wonder how much was hurt by how depressed Lisa seemed as Nola the second time around - she was much closer to Iva. At least in her final brief return she had a little more of the old spirit.

• Members

TBH, I think Peter Simon was right: Ed and Nola were too different to be successful as a couple.  He never would've understood her need for fantasies, and she would've been bored to tears being a doctor's wife (which is also why Kelly and Nola never would've worked out).

• Members

#NATAS #theemmysorg #DaytimeEmmys #BeverleeMcKinsey

Today I have received an email reply from the President & CEO of NATAS. That is the Daytime Emmys organization. Adam Sharp apologized for not replying sooner & cited their busy season. As we know the Daytime Emmy presentation was just the other day. He acknowledged that Beverlee McKinsey's contributions to our industry were indeed vast.

As it turns out NATAS has a policy against awarding Posthumous Emmys.

He ended by saying

Thank you nonetheless for your efforts to shine a light on Beverlee's career & for your celebration of the soap community more broadly.

• Members

Yes, I think Alan paid her?

Random thoughts/questions:

I miss soap musical montages. I've been watching '92/early '93, and they've had some nice ones.

Has anyone seen either the August 22, 1983 or February 26th 1993 on youtube? I was certain I viewed the 83 episode in it's entirety in English. The 93 episode is right after Vanessa/AM/Henry lose Spaulding to Jenna. The 25th ends with Vanessa asking Billy for a job at Lewis, and the 3/1 episode picks up with Billy avoiding telling Nadine and Vanessa trying to make a deal at Lewis.

JFC...randomly watched little Maureen's birth/Mo's heavenly visit to Vanessa. Instead of honoring Vanessa's connections to the entire canvas, she spends her time watching future Matt and Dinah being assholes, and deciding to come back and raise them and baby Maureen. SMH. 

• Members

Oh wow - so good to see Maeve. I will have to try to make that one.

As it turns out it looks like Buzz did dress in drag at some point, maybe just not in 1994 as I had thought. (it's in a promo near the very end of this video). Of all the things for my memory to hold onto from that very alienating period...

• Members

I'm watching april 93 right now, I'll tell you when I see it. 

Alan puts those things up later, right? I can't watch live. I know I've been boring everyone with my Maeve/Vanessa love, but this just feels like synergy. I've been very aware of all the losses these past few years, and this just feels like a gift. I wish Jerry could do one as well. Or how great a Maeve/Lisa/Michael one might have been.