Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks! Yes, I must be confused because they did combine the sets around early 2006, I think. I believe they got rid of the dining room portion at that point too.

Speaking of Holly’s home, parts of it became the kitchen in the updated Jessup farm house that Cassie and, later, Olivia lived in.

• Members

LOL..that was because it was located at the bend of the river, but yea, it was weird..they didn't say, "I'm stopping by Reva's house to blackmail her.." it was..."I drove past REVABEND...and saw Alan's limo parked outside!!!"  It was like it was Southfork or something.

They had to get rid of the Lewis house as it was falling apart. That set had been around since the early 90s as Van and Billy's house and they didn't have the money  (the show) to maintain it.

• Members

I know GL got bad.  But the Newman Ranch and Y&R is bad. It is a living room and so is the Chancellor mansion but I don't think they ever show it.  Sharon's cabin - you'd think she was a poor girl living in the mountains.  Mariah and Tessa - horrible apartment somewhere in Genoa City.  They don't even show Chancellor park anymore.  The sets are awful on these shows from what I've seen.  Then they are moving to hotels too just like they do when shows are going down.  They started years ago with Genoa City Athletic Club, then it's Society, and Phoenix and the coffee shop - Crimson Lights.  They're going downhill.  They don't even bother with extras.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Wow..I forgot how "pretty" Frank was back in the day.  He played a good normal guy but they never figured out he couldn't do the angst or angry young man thing. I remember he and Mindy being kinda sexy together..much better then annoying Rusty.

I wonder how Maeve would have worked with RR's Alan.  In the later years I would have killed off Matt and had Van in the Alex role..asserting her power at Spaulding.