More ATWT casting news

• Members

I like how everyone is so sure that these returns mean ATWT is done for. If it was dead would they really have just named David Kriezman as the Headwriter?

Also, if a soap was going to be cancelled every time old favourites returned en masse then DAYS would be about 700 feet under right now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't these returns seem like a last grasp by ATWT to you? Goutman would not take Lesli Kay back when she offered to return a year or two ago so what has changed? He knows that the end is near if something does not change quickly so he is bringing back these popular characters in hopes of rejuvenating the show and attracting lapse viewers

All these returns along with Pelphery's guest stint explains why Peck was fired. The money has to come from somewhere.

• Members

I don't know why they bringing back Ben it's not like they going to write for him.

I don't know why they need to bring back Jeccia just to usher her daughter an exit.

Then that going to bew the end of them. Why Jessica just didn't write Bonnioe a letter telling her. She got a job for her if she leaves Oakdale.

• Members

Yup. Like it or not, he was.

See I disagree that Collier wasn't that good of an actor. I don't think he's Sir Lawrence Olivier, but he was certainly above average IMO. And yes, he was very interesting shirtless.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

I wonder if all these returns are simply a result of P&G investing a little more money into the production of the show. Frank Dicopolous said in an interview that GL's cancellation blindsided the whole cast because P&G were starting to give them more money to make the show

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/09/peapack-interviews-frank-dicopoulos.html

• Members

I have a different take on the cast returns - remember these were all the current cast back in 2001 when the show was last on top - won the Emmy for best show and writing (Hogan Sheffer was HW), etc. All that is missing is Martha Byrne - since that's not likely to happen - this would be the closest they could get to the same mix. That was also the year Paul Leyden was nominated (but didn't win), Leslie Kay won, Chris Goutman won for Producer. I remember this vividly because I covered the Emmys that year. Oh yeah, I guess if we hear they are bringing Lea Salonga back - then that would really signal that is what they are going for. And off course we all still miss Benjamin Hendricksen.

• Members

Did not see it myself, but Mark Collier's official web site says that he is only back for one week.

Since these returns don't seem long term including Tom Pelphery, I doubt that ATWT has had any infusion of cash. Austin Peck's salary is likely going to pay for these temp additions.

Archived