More ATWT casting news

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt the Deas/Holmes rumor is true. I don't remember Deas' stint as Tom that much, but there's no way he'd fit as Tom now. And Deas would get even less airtime on ATWT than he saw on GL.

I don't mind short returns, as long as they make sense in the story. Having Mike or Simon pop back into Katie's life makes sense. Simon in town for six months, trying to make Katie jealous while "romancing" Carly, only to have him fall for Carly while plotting a jewlery heist and Katie hounding him like a jealous harpy---didn't make a lick of sense. Looking back, ultimately all that story did was piss people off.

Completely looking forward to Molly's return. I can't say I like Beck's take on Lily---because while Beck might be frostier and bitchier, it's still the same sad-sack "woe is me, I can't function without a man in my life" writing for Lily it's been for years. Had PISSY had the balls to use the Holden/Carly affair to fundamentally shift Lily's core (much like Marland used the failed Babs/Brian McCall romance to turn her into a bitch) and make her unapologetically outwardly more edgy and bitchy, then maybe I could appreciate whatever Beck could bring to the role. It seems to me Beck is stuck---she doesn't exude the warmth Byrne did (whether it's the way it was written or just us being used to Byrne in the role, IDK) and the writing hasn't allowed her to reestablish believeable connections to the characters Lily's supposed to have known all her life.

Archived