The Game Show Thread!

bellcurve

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Oh I remember Family Feud on Super Nintendo! The typing responses never bothered me at all. When we would be completely lost in an answer, we would type in random phrases and words and sometimes, the computer recognized it as an answer which made us literally LOL.

Wheel and Jeopardy were decent on the SNES, especially Jeopardy because you could go through a category list and decide if you wanted to keep that set of categories or go to another one until you got to an easier stack or a set of clues you remembered from previous games(i.e. TV Trivia, Food and Drink, Geography, Sports, etc.).

Wheel on N64 was the deal because of the way you could control the motion of the Wheel with the joystick. And if you flicked it just right, the wheel would spin for about a full two minutes. Probably the most interactive gameplay to date. That is, until the Wii version came along.

I could see them doing that on GSN or on a network where you can push the boundaries of taste a bit with the drawings. I was never too fond of Pictionary.

That sounds like alot of fun. I assume something like Password or Pyramid, if it was a game, would work the same way.

• Members

Really?! :blink: Really?! :blink:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/06/16/2010-06-16_bam_waited_in_line_for_nothing.html

Bam! Dozens Emeril Lagasse fans wait in line for nothing after being denied entry into show

BY Ryan Strong and Rich Schapiro

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 4:00 AM

Jane Gehlhausen from Indianapolis, stands in line for a Emeril Lagasse (b.) but is denied entry.

Siegel for News

Jane Gehlhausen from Indianapolis, stands in line for a Emeril Lagasse (b.) but is denied entry.

Drew/AP

Related News

TV chef Emeril Lagasse cooked up a mess in Manhattan Tuesday as dozens of fans got steaming mad when they were barred from the taping of a new show.

At least 50 people were left standing outside a studio on W. 26th St., with e-mail confirmations in their hands and frustration etched across their faces.

"I watch Emeril every day, so this was a big letdown," said Anne Vobis, 49, who trekked to the studio from Long Island.

"They told us we had seats, but they didn't deliver. I'm so mad, because my trip was for nothing."

Jane Gehlausen, 48, said she came all the way from Indiana to see the gregarious celebrity chef known for his catch phrases "Kick it up a notch!" and "Bam!"

"This was the highlight of my trip," said Gehlausen. "I'm a big fan, and that's why I came all this way."

A production exec said roughly 300 people showed up for 150 first-come, first-served spots for the taping of the CBS pilot, described as a cooking game show.

Emeril's fans received an e-mail guaranteeing a spot in the line, not a seat at the taping, the exec said.

"We sincerely apologize to everyone who was turned away today," said Manfred Westphal, a rep at FremantleMedia North America.

"If the show goes forward to series, there will certainly be ample opportunities for everyone to come, enjoy and participate in the show."

That response provided little consolation to fans like Lauren Burnes.

"This has been a huge waste of time," said Burnes, 49, of Long Island. "We waited for hours just to be turned away."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/06/16/2010-06-16_bam_waited_in_line_for_nothing.html#ixzz0r88GfzRn

• Members
Exactly. I'd rather see Julie Chen picked up than a full-hour of Emeril. That's how little I'm interested his pilot. And it would be wise to keep Pyramid in the fold, seeing that it's SONY-owned, along with Y&R and DAYS. Not to mention, CBS/Paramount is the syndication distributor for the other two game shows, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!

And if Andy Richter is the host of Pyramid, I definitely see the "I'm With Coco" fans flocking to watch Pyramid during a break from class or a lunch break and I see them watching the Million Dollar Tourney that will likely take place in Primetime.

But knowing my luck, Emeril will get the greenlight which would piss me off. Daytime has enough dumb cooking/home/garden shows. Give me a real gameshow please!

Oh, and...

+1

• Members
This is not surprising, but sadly we live in a world of such ignorance.

The reason why there's still such a hangup about gays donating blood is because of people who are completely ignorant of facts, statistics, etc. It's the people who think that because they're straight or because they've never slept with a man or because they sleep with "straight" men that never get tested and pass it onto everyone else, like their other boyfriends or their wives, etc.

And, as one of the posters on After Elton said, if I were to donate blood I'd have to lie about being gay and I refuse to do that.

• Members

Are you freaking serious? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/454147-CTD_Adds_Say_It_Now_into_Network_Mix.php

CTD Adds 'Say It Now' into Network Mix

Show being developed for 'As the World Turns' slot

By Paige Albiniak -- Broadcasting & Cable, 6/23/2010 5:40:07 PM

EXCLUSIVE: CBS Television Distribution is developing a live daily talk show for CBS network intended to fill the slot left by the departing As the World Turns, according to sources. The show's working title is Say It Now.

CTD had no comment. While the division is developing the show, it is not currently intended for syndication.

The pilot was shot in New York about a month ago and it features Valerie Bertinelli, with whom CTD has a development deal, and popular Australian talk-show host Rove McManus, who had his own show on Australia's Ten Network for ten years.

CTD's pilot is one of several shows contending for the spot, including two remakes of the game shows Pyramid and Password and a View-like show featuring Julie Chen, co-anchor on CBS' Early Show and wife of CBS topper Leslie Moonves, Leah Remini, star of The King of Queens, Holly Robinson Peete and Sharon Osbourne.

CBS last fall replaced Guiding Light with a reboot of Let's Make a Deal, starring Wayne Brady, and that show's ratings have improved time periods for the network. Game shows are less expensive to produce than talk shows, making them more appealing than talk if they can turn in similar or better ratings.

CBS sucks ass if they pick this nonsense show over the Julie Chen project and especially the Pyramid pilot.

• Members

To blame the high rate of HIV transmission in the black community on men on the DL is so irresponsible, talk about passing the buck. Of course I won't say that it doesn't happen, it obviously does, but that would have to be an AWFUL lot of DL black men infecting women, I don't buy that. I was actually watching that morning and the segment went on where Sherri said that it had to be attributed primarily to DL men because female-to-male transmission is less common. That may be true, but there are other factors such as IV drug use, heterosexual infidelity, riding on the "low risk factor" of heterosexual transmission and not wearing protection, female promiscuity as well as male, all of these factors have nothing to do with homosexuals, and when practiced with abandon the risks are increased. If multiple men can get you pregnant, multiple men can give you HIV, and no, not all of them are on the DL.

• Members

Hollywood Junket has a review of Andy Richter's Pyramid Pilot. Not so good though. But things can always change... :(

http://hollywoodjunket.com/2010/06/24/pyramid-enters-the-21st-century/

You are here : Home » CBS » PYRAMID: Enters the 21st Century!

PYRAMID: Enters the 21st Century!

Published By Set News On Thursday, June 24th 2010. Under CBS Tags: Andy Richter, Pyramid

CBS shot a new pilot yesterday of classic game show, PYRAMID hosted by Andy Richter (Conan O’Brien).

Executive Producer, Michael opened the day’s filming by stating that they chose to keep the game play the same because, “why mess with perfection”, and that “Pyramid” is the “greatest game show in television history”. The new set, he stated, is without an actual physical pyramid. Producers chose to display the pyramid via seven surrounding screens. That new feature, along with “bringing the show to it’s feet” (contestants and celebrities stand rather than sitting) is what he explained has entered PYRAMID the 21st century.

Special celebrity guests for the two pilot episodes were: Betty White, Aisha Tyler, Moe Rocca, and Rachel Harris.

HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED:

The game is played in a multiple of rounds. The first round, two players compete for “best of three”. Players must guess seven words based on a number of clues that include physical demonstration given to them by celebrities. During the second set of word answers, contestants have the chance to win a prize if they guess all seven words. Some prizes given out yesterday were a Bravia Plasma TV, and a Canon digital camera. The third attempt determines who will go to the second round to the six topic pyramid in an attempt to win $10,000. A new pair of contestants are brought out onto the stage to play the same best of three. The winner also attempts to win $10,000. The two winners play for another best of three, then that winner plays for the grand prize of $25,000 in which the player must answer all six categories correctly in order to win. Contestants get to keep the money they earned for the correct answers during the pyramid rounds.

Pyramid tiers are three $200 questions, two $300 questions, and the top and final $500 question.

HOST:

Andy Richter surprisingly was left to fend for himself most of the day. He was obviously green to game show hosting, but left with little instruction on point updates. With a little bit more breaking-in though, I think he’ll be fine. We are pulling for him!

More updates will be added to this post. Please check back.

Archived