The Game Show Thread!

bellcurve

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I wonder if they will slash the dollar amounts even lower with the million still being the top prize, but the other amounts being significantly lower? Since they changed the dollar amounts last season, there have been way more people running off with $10,000 instead of the $1000 they could flame someone out with. Even flaming someone out with $5000 still costs them more than the$ 1000. Millionaire bit off more than it could chew.

I.E. New Money Tree??:

1. 100

2. 250

3. 500

4. 750

5. 1000

6. 2000

7. 3500

8. 5000

9. 7500

10. 10000

11. 20000

12. 50000

13. 75000

14. 100000

15. 1000000

• Members

I've watched it here and there this past season, but I never realized they cheapened the money tree. Tsk tsk tsk. I also caught a Real Housewives themed episode, where the housewives simply sat with fans and helped them win money while the fans gushed about how awesome they are. RANDOM!!

Eight seasons is a solid run. If the show's tanking, just end it. Don't muck it up because it'll tank even worse and they'll end it anyway.

• Members
That above example isn't their money tree. That's what I'm predicting will happen next season.

The way the money tree is structured now, you can still win 25K at the second milestone, but the levels are so ridiculous. $7,500 at the 6th question? and then $10,000, 12,500, 15,000, then $25,000? That gives players less incentive to go for it.

The problem with that money tree is that Millionaire still probably needs to drive down the cost. They probably expected to flame out contestants and drop them down to $5,000. They probably have way too many $10,000 winners. And the clock fits in about two, sometimes even three contestants per show. That's not saving them more money. They're still paying out as much as they would if they had no clock and one contestant per show collecting a check for $16K. 3 5K winners or one 16K winner? Still the same.

I think something dramatic will happen to the money tree. I can't think of anything else f*cked up they could do to butcher Millionaire.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I think we lost the posts on the Emeril game show :( Not that the game show is a big deal any fricken way.

So that adorable John Henson has been guest hosting Millionaire this week? I like him, I think he works for this type of show. Why exactly is Meredith so absentee lately anyway?

• Members

BAM!

I don't know if Clinton should be impeached.

BAM!

Hey, isn't that Will and Grace so funny? And they don't overrely on guest stars.

BAM!

I think I'm going to support that Governor Bush, he's so moderate and has such a good record. We need someone with character in the White House.

BAM!

I'm so scared about Y2K!

• Members

Wayne has always been a little arrogant. Bitch please, nobody is trying to call you "king of the game shows." You've hosted two game shows, one of which will always be better known for its version hosted by another man and the other of which will be getting a new host when it goes syndication in the fall. Don't worry, people still associate you most with making a fool out of yourself on Whose Line.

• Members

He was one of the main reasons I couldn't watch the American version of Whose Line. I got so tired of the singing, and the smugness every time he would burst into song. The show was some sort of pathetic attempt at a musical and a smarmy little lovefest which was impenetrable for me as a viewer.

I think Marc Summers or Todd Newton could be a good host.

Archived