ATWT: September Discussion

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing is, he was involved with Maddie for like a month or less before the Nuke story started. I can't say that he was better with her because that was never really a story. I don't think he's a great actor but I think it has more to do with limited story partners and with no real acting coach on the show. I wish they'd shown him more with Dusty, and had him mentored with Lisa, or Lucinda.

The way I see it is that Adam WAS a forgiveable underdog for many years. I would rather go back to that and try to forget the shameful story dropped on his head a few years ago, one of ATWT's darkest moments. Unfortunately, I know that within a few months he could go back to being a crazy attempted rapist.

• Members

I can't believe how nice it was to see Maddie! I used to hate those movie/fantasy sequences TIIC wrote for her when she first started. She even managed to make Alison tolerable today. Although I'm completely aghast that Maddie's now "sorry" for "overreacting" to Adam's attack on Gwen. No wonder Casey's a mess---everyone in his life is excusing Adam's actions. I don't give a rat's ass if being buried alive pissed him off. He was plotting against Will long before that. That might not be a jailable offense, but it still means he was a snake.

• Members

Yes I was so glad to see her again too and not some lousy five-minute recast either! I actually somewhat liked those movie/fantasy sequences that BJ Green storyline was purely idiotic and superfluous but at least they added some camp to it. I though Maddie was great as a funny, sarcastic, unapologetic teen, this was of course they turned her into a psycho and then had her be depressed all the time. Just like Gwen. It figures Passanate would ruin her own creations within a year.

And where is Jade in this Adam story? I'm surprised she hasn't been used since she was one of Adam's biggest defenders, not that I actually want to see Jade again stupid whore.

• Members

It was nice seeing the original Maddie back. I already forgot the horrible recast returning and have such a blah blah of a story. What a nightmare that was. I am so sick of Casey and his baby tantrums. The guy really needs to grow the hell up. The show was solid today but it looks like GH2 is back tomorrow with Barbara included.

• Members

I understand why Casey's pissed. Adam comes home and everything's automatically forgiven, in part because he "died"---another lie on his part. His mother emotionally blackmails him into keeping this secret, putting them both on the line (not to mention her career in the OPD) when Casey's already on probation. And all this after his parents basically supported him getting jailtime to "grow up and be responsible"---knowing he'd have a harder time of it simply because he was the DA's and Police Chief's son.

Oh, and the fact he really only landed in jail because Adam tried to frame Will, and Casey kept his mouth shut to protect his mother from knowing how far Adam had fallen.

And now, everyone, including his current girlfriend and his ex, are letting Adam get away with it.

It's almost too bad he's not doin' Luke---at least then Adam would be an evil homophobe and shipped off to jail tuit suite.

• Members

Oh I truly understand why Casey is pissed but it's the same thing with him. The writing is so repetitive with Casey. Instead he should tell his parents...you know what I am moving out and to hell with you both..you cared more for Adam than me...and then have him live his own life. Instead we keeping getting the same blah blah blah from him. Eh...I can see Nu Adam doing Luke and Noah too...lol.. He doesnt look like a homophonbe.

• Members

Just like with most people his age, I think confronting his parents is a lost cause for Casey. They would never understand; Margo's way too focused on Adam right now to give any thought to why Casey's acting out. Not only that, but he probably doesn't feel comfortable opening up to them because of the situation itself...(Tom/Margo giving Adam waaaayyy more slack than they ever gave Casey).

Maddie using the Louis rape debacle to excuse her attack on Adam?? Not buying it. Adam was clearly attempting to force Gwen into kissing him when Maddie attacked her. TIIC need to do their research.

Speaking of Maddie/Adam, Maddie mentioned that Will and Casey vowed to keep their silence about his devilish deeds when Adam left. I don't remember that. I thought Adam just sort of...vanished. (Kinda like John Dixon and Ben Harris) Am I wrong? And even if I'm wrong or not, this supposed vow of silence that Casey and Will made makes no rational sense to me. Why would they want to protect the one person who had caused them (and their girlfriend/wife) so much misery for months?

I used to have a problem with Marnie's acting, but now, I've gotten used to it. I won't say she's the best in the book (Jessica Dunphy, come back to Oakdale please!), but her acting has improved. In fact, her acting style reminds me of a cross between Cady McClain and Marie Masters. She has the vocals of McClain and the facial expressions of Masters. However, she does need to decide on a hair color. Every two months, she's dyeing it or cuttin' it.

Paolo needs a new hairdo. This whole slick weasel thing he has going on is hurting him, not helping him.

*shudders* Noelle Beck.... *shudders again* I actually used to look forward to days when Lily was on, but now, I can't stomach her. That whiney screeching gives me chills. Plus, the writing for the character has continued nosediving, even after Bryne's exit. Holden's not even fake-dead a good week (two weeks probably--in "soap time") and she's already boinking her ex-husband and wanting him to come live with her. :rolleyes:

LOVED seeing Alexandra Chando again.

• Members

It was so good to see Maddie again! I forgot how much I loved her. I hope she stays around and this isn't a short stint. It would be nice if she acknowledged her Mom being in town and Henry being James' son. :blink: Although her scenes with Allison just reminded me how good that age group used to be and how much it really sucks now. :(

This whole Damion/Lily thing makes me hate Lily more. She really is a trainwreck. Fawning all over Damion like that and I'm supposed to believe that she's truly mourning Holden's "death". :rolleyes:

• Members

They did make some kind of deal. Will and Casey didn't want to chance the girls facing any charges. Casey especially, since it brought up memories of her rape for Maddie. That's why Will, Gwen and Maddie were on the run in Michigan when Adam attacked the girls at the cabin. Plus, telling the entire story might have opened up Casey for more charges (crossing state lines while awaiting trial) and completely destroyed Margo's idealized vision of Adam at the exact time Casey was facing jail time.

Adam did seem to "disappear" from Oakdale---but it was because the girls "buried" him. He then stalked them off-camera until the night of the attempted rape.

Archived