Victoria Newman (The Young and the Restless)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amelia has been severely miscast FROM DAY ONE, she even admitted this herself. She's never emotionally invested in her scenes, she has NO CHEMISTRY with ANYONE, and when they try to write her like they did Heather Tom's Victoria, she's so beyond out of her element.

She needs to go, and needed to go A LONG TIME AGO.

The writing might not be there for the character, but Heinle has never delivered and has only gotten worse with her performances over time.

• Members

That's the way the character was written, and the type of writing that won Heather Tom two Emmy's, made her a fan favourite, and a popular actress.

Heather Tom can't be blamed for the writing of her interpretation of the character, especially when she was so generally popular playing that role the way it was written.

• Members

She was written as a bitch recently when she went off on JT, and yeah, it SUCKED.

It's equal parts bad casting and bad writing. If Victoria had an actress that brought depth to the role and played her for all it was worth, the crappy writing wouldn't show quite as bad as it does with Heinle in the role.

They've tried to write the character to suit Heinle's acting abilities, and it STILL HASN'T worked.

• Members

Her role is ACTIVE right now with Bill (Don Diamont) and of course the Logans and Forrestors and I do NOT want her back.

I know because I tuned in to see Don Diamont because he was a favorite of mine and to be honest I don't like her still, nothing personal, just MY opinion and personal preference.

No disrespect intended but this is the only Soap I watch and I do NOT want Heather Tom as Victoria she has outgrown the part if you ask me, and she still looks like a child.

Victoria Newman is suppose to me older than Nick and Gina Tognoni fits the part in my opinion and I can feel it in my heart.

Besides why was she sought for the role if TPTB was NOT interested? They obviously saw ALOT of potential and more in Gina Tognoni. Here is proof Gina Tognoni is sought for the role of Victoria Newman-

http://boards.soapop...st-in-the-works

This is what is so GREAT about Gina Tognoni and what is so great about her in this thread. Thank you to Bellcurve and Y&RWorldTurner for the 'youtube' video's of her and her diversity and some 'great comments' from them and Ian as well.

http://boards.soapop...st/page__st__80

• Members

She also left twice and I do not see her as Victoria anymore and didn't like her as Victoria and I still feel she looks way too young now for the part. I like bitchy but I also like somebody to me who I do not find rough around the edges and that is exactly why I didn't and still do not like her as Victoria I find her to be rough, sorry but that is how I feel.

• Members

That is completely unfair sad.gif

You can see her talent, and what about the other Character's on the show who have come from different Soaps? Billy Miller, Elizabeth Hendrickson, John Driscoll and even some Veteran's.

I will NOT ever accept Heather Tom......... I would rather keep Amelia Heinle if that is how it is going to be.

I am willing to compromise and recast with somebody who is suited (Gina Tognoni) and she won't be accepted because she is from a different soap?

That makes no sense to me at all, since I listed who has come from different soaps and one the same as Gina Tognoni and some Veteran's as well from other soaps who have Emmy's under their belt.

I guess soap dreams don't come true and I thought that was what a soap is all about and quite a few Poster's as you see in the link I provided of a thread with 'youtube' clips agree Gina Tognoni would be outstanding and even improve the role as Victoria Newman.

Really sad if that is how it is.

Somehow, I don't believe that is it, because the other Actors I mentioned come from different soaps (including some Vets) and one from the same soap as Gina Tognoni which is Guiding Light.

• Members

I think she would make a smokin' Victoria too. I happen to think that is what the problem may be, only some are allowed to shine, just my opinion, when the whole show should shine and it would be to their benefit in making the soap better.

Too bad I don't watch other soaps if she happens to land a job elsewhere.

Maybe it's time I should give up The Young and the Restless after watching since the start of the show as a young child and tune into a different soap.

I know so many who have already stopped with these outrageous storyline's.

• Members

I think Ameila Heinle is a beautiful woman and a good actress, I dont mind seeing her play Victoria I think she does great when there is a meaty storyline. I did not like Heather Tom's Victoria she was too snobby, and bitchy.

Gina Togoni looks like a good actress, fiery but not snobby and looks like she would fit Victoria so I wouldnt mind Victoria being recasted with her. Im sure there are plenty of other actresses out there that is similar to GT or that would fit Victoria perfectly, its just a matter of Y&R casting the right person. :)

Archived