AMC: Friday, August 14, 2009

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find anything regarding Erica and Ryan DISGUSTING! No, not because of the age factor, but because she's flirting (as far as I've seen yet) with her grandson's father! It's one thing to be an older woman with a younger man -- it's another to be a woman who is with the father of her grandchild. This is a sick attempt at refusing to age Erica. I'm over it. Let the old bitch start referring to her grandchildren AS HER GRANDCHILDREN and age with grace and pride.

• Members

I think it may be more about trying to cash in on the "cougar" trend (which Morgan Fairchild just trashed in a recent interview, as she finds the word "cougar" demeaning -- good for her) and about using Erica to prop Ryan, who is so pathetic these days.

As little interest as I have in this story I find it more tolerable than Adam/Annie. At least Erica is not written as a pathetic old woman being manipulated by a crazy person who makes passes at her younger relatives.

• Members

I hate Ryan & Erica together! They have no chemistry and R Sinclair is right that it makes no sense for Erica to suddenly be interested in her grandson's father.

I was surprised by how much Opal was on again. Jill Larson always commands my attention and keeps my finger off the ff button.

How dumb were Tad & Taylor to just assume it was Opal and not look? I haven't been reading spoilers and I figured out Randi had him about halfway through this episode.

Angie confronting Jesse was good, but the story sucks so much that even Debbi Morgan's fierceness can't save it.

• Members

I was actually surprised that Randi ended up having the baby in the end. It almost came off as Randi was crazy - I wonder if they plan to go this route? She's so upset that she lost her baby, so she's going to keep Trevor at all costs?

Speaking of Trevor and this baby storyline - I can't even invest myself into it bc I still am so confused as to which baby is which!!! Is this 'Trevor' that is now kidnapped really Amanda's baby, or is Jake still lying to her and Liza still has Amanda/David's baby? Or is Jake lying to Liza (and has been the entire time...?) and Liza's baby is really some stranger kid? I'm soooo confused :huh:

Also - all the plot points in this storyline are so contrived and ridiculous (Joe/Opal scene...Opal's pulse going up when David says 'Jake/Amanda' and he catches on...this random homeless lady in Pine Valley suburbia...etc etc). I do like that Opal is heavily involved lately, and I do like how all the storylines are sorta connected somehow (Baby Mess ->Randi/Frankie ->North Case ->Stuart's murder).

• Members

Someone needs to explain this whole Baby Trevor situation to me. I only catch this show once in a blue moon and I normally can catch right up but I can't figure out why Tad and Taylor left the baby on the steps and why Opal was supposed to be the one to pick it up but didn't because she got stuck at the hospital with Joe and Randi took him instead.

• Members

She does kind of have Annie's hair! :lol: I liked the new wig the first day but it ain't wearin' well for me on day 2.

Otherwise, most of you have said it well already...

You get the idea....

I could hardly pay attention on Friday. Often things make so little sense it's like the characters might as well be speaking Latin because their words bear so little meaning. It's not just one story, its just about all of them right now.

Love Jill Larson's appearances.

Ryan and Erica can stay friends. Sexual tension anywhere near those two characters gives me the major heebies and I wasn't initially upset (wasn't thrilled either, IJS) about them being in each other's orbits. I think Cam and Lucci seem waaay more awkard than DC and MCE. I don't have a problem with age differences in couples, it's about the actors and their chemistry.

I agree, Carl. I also dislike Adam being portrayed as vunerable mentally to Annie, it may turn me off completely. I had hoped that Adam was playing Annie in order to find out who killed Stuart.

Finally, EricaKane70's got it down, Erica CAN do much much better than Ryan Lavery!

Archived