Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week of August 10

• Members

Stranger things have happened. People leave all their $$$ to their pet chihuahuas and stuff IRL. And I can see how a rich old fogey would want to commemorate that gorgeous golden retriever! Not only was Zapato adorable, he loved his master unconditionally, came running when summoned and obeyed every instruction. Victor must be wishing everybody he knew was like Zapato. Good dog!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well... I thought today's eppy was pretty good! Nice to see Jack and Billy being protective of Ashley, and trying to get her out of there at all costs. I would have PREFERRED if she would have stood up to Victor and went with Jack and Billy. But then again, this would defuse Adam's sadistic whatever. Adam's stuff was the low point today. This character is just now beyond the pale, Muhney needs to pull up some sympathy rom inside him, SOMEHOW... but I don't see it happening. Hayley Erin ONCE AGAIN smiles during her eulogy of Zapato.... you could see she was trying to contain it, but she didn't succeed. Someone needs to sit this girl down and give her a serious talking. She'd be ok if she just adjusted her acting, I know she's young... but growth needs to happen, and QUICK. And her acting in the same scene right next to Schmidt makes her look all the worse. Cast and Hendrickson, once again... really make today's episode really watchable. These two are carrying half the show. Love the emotional looks on Tricia's face, her caring convo with Paul... just WONDERFUL. And Hendrickson's scene at the end with Driscoll was really great in every way. Braeden's scene when he was left alone at Zapato's grave was so touching. Typical Victor, making me feel sorry for him, and at the same time delighting in the fact the he has NO control over most of his life, and after throwing Nikki aside and treating her like sh!t for well over a year... he's now stuck with a crazy woman as his wife. Couldn't think of anyone who deserves it more.

• Members

I must admit that I enjoyed the Jack and Billy scenes. It was nice to see them go and get Ashley the hell out of that mansion. Victor really did improve the security over there. If there was any proof that Victor doesn't love Ashley it's the fact that he won't let her go for her own safety.

There would probably be an outrage if Zapato didn't get a funeral. He was an important part of Victor's life.

It's too late for her redemption, but I really liked MJ's confessional. I felt more for Todd than I did her. I could imagine it would be tough to her that the sister you haven't seen in years is in such bad shape and she has done horrible things.

From the preview: What the hell is it with this 1950's thinking that a child needs two parents to be happy!? I'm assuming that is what Chloe means that Billy can give Delia, him and Mac as a family. On this show the parents could be Glo and Jeff and the writing would make it better than having Lauren as a single parent.

• Members

I agree with alphanguy and lovely_m about Zapato's funeral. I hate that they killed the dog, but since they did, I'm glad he got a nice little service. He was too important to Victor during the epilepsy story to just never mention him again after he died last week.

• Members

Well, I know it's 1950's thinking... but I also think they do this because Chloe has an absent father complex, she was DETERMINED that her child not grow up without a father. They played Jill's love for Phillip. Stuart, and John as an absent father complex as well. It's a long tradition with Y&R.

• Members

So Paul, the detective, didnt recognize Patty Jane by her voice yet his brother did?? That's a big WTF moment for me. And out of all the people to discover Patty it's Gloria and Jeffrey...Ugh...

The Ashley gaslighting and Patty story are downright stupid. Victor doesnt see that his wife needs help???

• Members

Oh ok..I guess I missed all that. I just wish these stories were over. Patty cant be redemmed and neither can Adam. They are just prolonging these stories to keep the two actors around. I really dont think Patty or Adam can do anything worse than they have already. There is no more shock value to their actions either.

• Members

Agreed.

But this show wraps stuff up fast that should fleshed out more, and they prolong the most inane and stupid of things.

And hell, even if these Adam and Patty Jane stories have been going on too long, they've skipped many important beats and things have happened too fast. So while the overall story has dragged on, the middle of it all is rushed.

• Members

Victor treating Ashley's family like crap is old news to her. She always waves her finger and says how dare you, but she usually goes back to him or she moons over him. I don't think it's new for Ashley to be so uninterested in her family, it's just new that the family cares so little about each other. Ashley and Jack are no longer characters, they just serve the plot, they fill out spaces. Billy is seen by the show as superior to everyone around him so they only have him interact with the family when they feel like they have to.

I would have bought Nikki/Paul if they'd been given more airtime. Or the Nikki falling for Victor again if that had better pacing and airtime. They push all these decisions on Nikki without any proper airtime, all while other stories that go nowhere get endless airtime. I know this is about money but it still ends up hurting the cohesion of the show.

• Members

Barf alert tomorrow with Tyra and Devon...

Why has this show fallen so hard? Damn, this is some rock bottom sh!t. These writers suck.

They've known forever that Devon being a pervert that had sexual feelings for his family members (no matter if they're blood related) was unpopular. Then they go and try this?

Do the idiot head writers at this show EVER learn from their mistakes?

Also, they neglect these characters and don't write for their black characters, and this is what they give them? And you know it will be a once a month storyline too.

Archived