Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week of August 10

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can certainly see why people don't want to comment on this show anymore. It's a directionless mess at the moment.

As expected, today's episode has almost no fallout from what was delivered in last Friday's heavily plot-driven episode. Not that I expect anything less from this writing regime of hacks.

Pretty boring episode, but then again, I'm starting to become numb to all aspects of this sh!tty show.

• Members

That's why I picked the photo I did for the thread starter... Liz's expression says, "What the hell's going on here?", while Jill's is like "I've got no clue, either". Today was watchable, but I wanted some fallout. I think Nikki wasn't hit at ALL... and theyr'e going to make us wonder for WEEKS. You know, Nikki was standing just a couple of feet in front of a guardrail, so something tells me wer'e gonna find out in the future via flashback that Nikki got out the way, and wasn't hit at all. I liked that Sharon called Rafe to help her... THAT made sense, that she wouldn't trust Michael after what she did to Eden. Hendrickson was a real bright spot today (as ususal) she's a real keeper. I did like Victor's and Kay's exchange, nice to see some character and story development for once. But I think the problem lies with when they have an episode heavy on dialogue and character development, the fans all scream it was BORING, so IMO.... in alot of way, it's the FANS that have pushed Maria to go all plot-driven. Bill never did that cause he was an alpha male and didn't give a crap, it was his show, and he did what he damned well pleased. Soemthing to think about.

• Members

Maria's been skipping over important beats since the beginning, even when the show was directionless and very slowly paced in the beginning of her reign.

These idiot head writers think they're writing for primetime, not a daily daytime soap. There's no excuse for skipping on the fallout of Friday's episode.

What's the use of delivering Friday's episode if you weren't going to fallow up with it sufficiently on Monday?

And Melody won't be gone for weeks, I beleive she told Michael Logan that she'll only be off screen for like two weeks.

and alphanguy74, I see Phillip III's story has been dropped and they have no intention of developing Rafe. I thought you said you were going to complain about that if it didn't improve?

• Members

Absolutely. I want either Rafe developed, Phillip III to get his love intrest, or BOTH. We'll see what happens. I'm not ready to call it dropped, I have enough patience to wait and see.... they have too much going on at once, and that's why I feel theyr'e missing important beats. Wev'e had too many fan carping about the SL's moving too slow, or being boring... so to me, this is their knee-jerk reaction. But I can tell you this, if she doens't deliver on her gay SL like she promised... not just me, but Nelson is gonna chew her a new poop chute the size of Kansas!

• Members

Nelson will probably just blame Yani and Thom Bierdz for the gay storyline not happening. He is very fond of MAB/Y&R and may not want to bite their hand.

Liz and Jill <3 And is it me or did Brenda look just as pretty with the scrubbed-down look as she did with the high glamour look?

• Members

The whole Ashley story is beyond insane now. Why no one has helped Ashley out is absurd. Why is Ashley still having visions....Adam hasnt done anything to her in sometime now. No follow up to the cliffhanger on Friday. The story is a complete bomb. The story is so uneven and I have lost all interest in it.

Sharon can stay in jail for all I care. I dont care what happens to her. She should do us a favor and kill Nick....LOL. She goes to jail and Nick dies and Phyliss is left free to find a real man.

Today's show was boring considering how great Friday's show was.

• Members

It's funny how they rush through every other story, yet they prolong this stupid and inane one that makes no sense.

This storyline is everything non-soap fans make fun of soap fans for. It's bad, very bad.

Poor Eileen Davidson having to act this sh!t out.

Adam and Patty Jane both need to be sent to prison and for a long time, off screen. There's no use in trying to reddem such cartoons.

• Members

Carl... I certainly hope that we get what we want. While I said that there was no fallout from Friday... there really WAS, there just wasn't enough of it. Doug Davidson's scenes today were showing direct fallout from Friday, and those scene were well written, and GOOD. It's too bad that some people can't at least find a morsel of what's good and mention it. Some might not like the salad, but at least the croutons are good, so eat them. I believe in being constructive, give em trouble for the bad parts, and acknowledge the good parts. And Doug Davidson today was a GOOD PART, there' no denying that. This fractured pacing is the REALLY BIG problem. P.S., I think Brenda looked great either way, it's a difference in makeup style, the 80's was so glam, and the 70's had the natural look in vogue. I like the natural look myself.

• Members

Doug was good and has been good in this story, and I have no doubt that despite his talent he will now be backburned and seldom used just like other good vets like Tracey Bregman and Christian Le Blanc. Maybe they will have him involved in the Patty fall out, but based on the lack of build up of the Nikki and Paul romance, I have my doubts.

I get why Sharon called Rafe and not Michael, but I have no interest in watching the show try to develop Rafe when they never use Michael. I am glad that Jack was shown contacting Michael. Even though he doesn't like Michael on a personal level, he knows that Sharon is in serious trouble and doesn't need a junior league lawyer defending her. Whether Michael is actually brought in to work a deal for Sharon is anyone's guess, but it might be the way the writers get CLB his mandatory 5 mins for the week.

• Members

I have no pity for ED. She's pimping the hell out of this woman-hating freakfest in the soap mags. Either she's a liar who is so freaking pathetic she'll kiss MAB's ass no matter how stinky OR ED has no aesthetic taste OR she's a freaking idiot who can't see recognize misogyny when she's knee-deep in it.

Archived