Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Obviously, no member of Y&R's writing team read War & Peace. I strongly suggest they do, because they might get a clue on how to write brilliantly for a mammoth quantity of characters (around 580), no less than 5 core families and an equally staggering amount of locations that span across Napoleonic France, bloody battlefields and glittery courts. Not to say anything about the psychology of all those people...

• Members

Y&R and other soaps are not art or even quality entertainment. Soaps are machines that churns out product for a increasingly smaller audience. The days of Doug Marland and Bill Bell are long gone. We are in the age of Pratt & Higley. :(

• Members

Absolutely. I think once I realized there was no turning back from that, and just learned to find something I like or change the channel to the Food Network, my frustration level quickly dissipated. The Era of Greatness is over. Doesn't matter how hard you type or how furiously you post, the tide is not turning. It's sad, but like MarkH has said, I'm just going to enjoy the parts I like and just ride this out until it ends.

• Members

Exactly

She's manipulative but the need for him to change is very much "driven" by their daughter. For herself, she wants him to change the way he feels about her, not necessarily change himself

maybe

To me: she's tryna manipulate the different shades of his personality. On Chloe's watch there is a time for party/ fun- worry free Billy and then when she wants him to be tender loving Billy (which he isn't to the extent that she needs him to be) this is a conflict in their dynamic. She lacks self knowledge and respect. She's willing to let the man roam, there are just more rules as to whom he should roam with (of course she seems to have figured out that won't work). She seems to be willing to compromise with some parts of him to gain the other but of course his heart is not into it that way. Dee I think I can respectfully disagree with you slightly on this

I agree again

• Members

For those of you tired of my "negativity", good news, after this inane Phillip reveal as to why he faked his death, I've decided I'm done with this show. I won't be watching past August. After keeping up past the disastrous Latham regime, I only thought things could get better, but that wasn't the case for very long. So, after 18 years of being a loyal viewer, I'm done with Y&R. I might watch the occasional episode here and there and I'll definitely keep up with the spoilers, but I can't take this lazy/horrendous storytelling anymore. This isn't the Y&R anymore, it's some other show, have fun watching those of you who enjoy it and will continue on no matter how bad it gets.

It won't change my hopes of wanting better writers and producer for this show, I'll always wish for that. But if it's not meant to be, it's not, I'll deal.

• Members

I'm sad to hear this, but I understand. I did it with with Days in 2008. Kicking and screaming the whole way. I did NOT want to quit after 28 years, but I was so harsh, and it was just so terrible, and it was just causing me a lot of heartache. (Not to mention the other post-ers who were sick of me bitching about how bad it was all the time... and the hour every day I wanted to throw my TV out the window, followed by several hours of bitching to people about it both online and in person.)

I'm glad you'll still be around here though, A. At least, I hope you will be. :)

Archived