The Bold and the Beautiful wins in Monte Carlo again

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That wasn't directed towards your post BTW. That was directed towards the "B&B Winner of Monte Carlo Award." I mean, it's great that the show gets all these international awards and stuff, but really., what happens next? Are you gonna continue to churn out the same crap every day, four days a week, 36 weeks a year?

• Members

People will just buy anything...

Seriously, just look at the current state of daytime. I think these shows are so awful no one should watch them. Turns out: 2 or 3 or 4 million people watch. :mellow: Steadily. :mellow: No huge audience drops or fluctuations. :mellow:

And in countries where B&B is so popular the audience will really buy whatever they shove in their face. Important that it's B&B. Story? Who cares. It's rich people in LA.

• Members

Ohhhhh... Now that you mention those two, of course I've heard of the trilogy! :lol: But never seen it.

But I found a synopsis, take a look at it:

The only good thing about it is "She brings them down to the ruins" :lol:. The rest? It needs to be severely re-written.

• Members

Yes, it was a very typical "poor, ignorant" girl thing, with all the cliches and crap thrown in. But the revenge phase was admittedly very fun. She turned into a cold-hearted bitch.

But she even had a dog, and we heard the dog's thoughts! Tres crapee.

• Members

I don't know what "grow up" means in this context. I think the numbers speak for themself on this one, and it is American audiences that are out of step, not every other country. B&B has an audience of 26 milllion people and only 10% of that comes from its home country. I don't know which the mature soap is, Y&R, GL, OLTL...but which ever one people choose, B&B seems to appeal to more people, so why should they grow up?

Archived