AMC: Tuesday, 6/2/09

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still not sure why they had to bring Jamie Luner in as Liza. I still can't quite see her as Liza. The main connection to Liza is her relationship with Colby, and that's the weakest part of her return. Everything else, the sparring with Kendall and Erica, the interaction with Zach, wanting Amanda's baby, could have been a new character which still would have suited Jamie's strengths (the sparring).

• Members

Bobbie's one of the most underrated actresses around. People didn't seem to get that on B&B, I'm glad AMC gives her more of a showcase.

I'd love to have seen her in a scene with Dorothy Lyman's Opal.

• Members

I'm loving AMC these days. Not sure where everyone else has gone, but life does generally get busier in the summer for me and I end up watching AMC the next morning frequently.

I think Luner has been great as Liza. I disagree that a new character could have had her storyline since Liza's history with David and his part in keeping the secret of Colby's paternity will undoubtedly play into her faux pregnancy more in the future. I think that's probably why Pratt chose to let Colby find out now. Also, some new woman wouldn't fit as well into the "Who Shot Stuart?" plot.

Erica/Jack/Liza was heaven for me. Could this eventually turn into a comedic quadrangle with Adam?

Bobbie & Vincent showed why their both nominated for Emmys! I hate to see a woman being so manhandled but I couldn't look away.

I'm not sure if it was meant to be funny, but I laughed when Ryan suggested Kendall remarry Zach.

• Members

Vincent Irizarry was simply subperb!! You felt David's pain and what he's going through. I hate that David is feeling so despondent over someone like Krystal. She's so not worth it. He should be celebrating that he's finally free of her with champagne and caviar instead of drowning his sorrows with whiskey and junk food.

• Members

Oh, AMEN. Let the Martins suffer her trifling-yet-holier-than-thou ass.

I know that on paper and, like, logically, Luner as a Liza recast has been an epic fail. Epically WRONG. But man, I LOVE her as WTFLiza. I choose to see it as Luner playing a character who just happens to be called Liza. Too bad Colby doesn't have her "mom's" vibrancy.

• Members

WTFLiza :lol: I love it! And yeah, I totally agree. However, a few times I have seen some of Marcy's character mannerisms show through. So my guess is Liza Luner lied about watching tapes ;)

I am loving the WTFLiza and Erica rivalry. Makes so much more sense than a Kendall/WTFLiza rivalry.

• Members

A baby-selling, baby-stealing, baby-swapping, blow job-giving, extra marital affair having skanky ass ho should HARDLY be some type of judge and jury over David's misdeeds. David was right. All of her songs of praise over Tad's beautiful love is laughable. SHE was the one who kept running to David because Tad wasn't enough for her. Tad's the one who dragged her over to David and handed her off to him as she were some cheap blow up doll he was finished with. Tad's the one who basically used Jenny to taunt her.

Now, it's as if since Tad's taken a bullet to the head and has become even MORE annoying, he starts sniffing around Krystal again and now she's all "Squeeeeee" and like the typical disloyal whore she is, makes up excuses as to why she's the victim in this marriage and bolts.

I hate Rebecca Taylor scripts because the characters always JUMP to conclusions. Marissa McSmiley's all " :lol: Hi, Scott! David was drunk, and going on about how Adam should be dead and not Stuart. I THINK MY FATHER KILLED YOUR FATHER!" So, am I supposed to believe that anyone who has said Adam should've been dead and not Stuart is going to be accused of murder? Can we be permitted to, oh, I dunno, hear her explain HOW she came up with that conclusion and what could've possibly sold Scott? I hate it when dialogue doesn't take the proper beats.

• Members

I saw that scene. As a Y&R viewer, it struck me how sad I was that VI was never allowed to bring his A-game to my show. Here we have this basically despicable man, but I felt sorry for him because of what he was able to evoke in that scene. The villain had FEELINGS. The villain had PENETRABLE EMOTIONS. The villain was capable of LOVE.

If his "David Chow" had been able to play any of that, I think VI would still be rocking on Y&R today. Total squander. VI is a great actor, IMO. AMC really gained something when he came back.

• Members

It's kind of how I feel about Tamara Braun as Reese. She was never allowed to bring it like I know she can. While I never favored her version of General Hospital's Carly character, I knew she had a decent bag of tricks that she could use if given the chance as Reese.

Vincent is just an excellent and committed actor. Point blank, period. I've always enjoyed him and I've always enjoyed David. I like the dynamic of David being honest about his dishonesty... unlike the others in Hypocrisy House who are dishonest about their honesty.

• Members

Adam has been keeping Liza from communicating with Colby bc he kept intercepting her letters. What is this the 1800s? She couldnt contact her via email or leave messages on her phone? She couldnt give her letters to Marion or Stuart to give to Colby?

Archived