The Suds Report: May 22, 2009

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what I thought too at first, but Nelson said that he "failed to earn a final nod"--which makes me think it's someone who is either no longer on their show or is currently on GL.

• Members

Oh man, that is foul. Even if what happened with MS/VR was not remotely like that, it is easy to see why she was really upset about it.

OT: That is an amazing RH banner! I've been watching it mornings too.

• Members

The ratings were very high whens he was pretty much *the* frontburner female during LML's run. No matter how crazy the writing got, she was bringing in viewers. LML's writing was so lopsided only a few were featured. I highly doubt people were tuning in for Don Diamont and Amelia Heinle, her fellow frontburner co-stars.

And don't even mention Shemar Moore's return! He did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING the entire time he was there. WTF?! They waste Tonya Lee Williams when she's still 100% available, the Lily/Malcolm stuff was secondary and not even resolved. It was sick. Then they put him in a romance with a newbie who was just terrible. I'm sorry, but if I were a Shemar Moore fan I wouldn't stick around for that either.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 23 2009, 03:49 PM)
The ratings were very high whens he was pretty much *the* frontburner female during LML's run. No matter how crazy the writing got, she was bringing in viewers. LML's writing was so lopsided only a few were featured. I highly doubt people were tuning in for Don Diamont and Amelia Heinle, her fellow frontburner co-stars.

I don't think any star in daytime is big enough to bring in the ratings and make them stick. The only example I can find is Vanessa Marcil's return to GH. But Y&R didn't lose a million viewers immediately after Rowell left, it took over a year for them to really plummet. Daytime is an ensemble effort, no one star makes or break a show.

• Members

Sharon, for one. I was also thinking Kay, Jill, Nikki, but apparently they wouldn't qualify as heroines?

Wasn't it in TV Guice that Y&R lost something like a million viewers after Shemar Moore left the first time?

I cannot remember him in a romance, who was that?

• Members

Yup, that's what Michael Logan claimed.

If you actually plot out the ratings trends, there is no evidence of a huge precipitous drop at any point in time except when MAB took over the show.

Does anyone remember the date (month/year) when Shemar left? I obviously have the data, and could quickly see if the claim is borne out by data.

But he left during Alden's run, right? And there is no denying that Alden bled-out viewers, on a weekly basis, throughout her whole HW run. At least, that's what the ratings data show.

Archived