The Suds Report: May 22, 2009

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VR would spike the ratings. Maybe even up to 4.2 or even higher. The problem is that KSJ and MS supposedly hate her and people would expect Dru to be interacting with Neil and Phyllis. VR's mouth isn't the issue. It's getting her co-stars to tolerate her.

• Members

What proof is there of this? People didn't watch in droves to see her exit storyline. Shemar Moore's brief return a few years back wasn't that successful in the ratings either.

No one actor/character can make or break a show. The last return that spiked ratings for a soap was Vanessa Marcil's brief return to GH, the show gained about a million viewers from her return alone. In this climate, that is likely to never be duplicated.

She obviously rubs a good amount of people the wrong way at Y&R, I'm sure there's a reason she and many of her co-stars don't get along. Who says it isn't about getting her to tolerate some of her co-stars as well? It goes both ways.

I'd love to get her back on the show, but I don't believe she's some angel-like figure that the show hates for no apparent reason. As I said before, she makes valid points, but she tends to come off as being all about herself.

• Members

Oh, I just saw MTS and "story" in your post, didn't read it and thought you meant her contract stuff. :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, the person that spit on her was your girl Michelle Stafford, not Melody. :lol:

But she did accuse the producers of giving her MTS's "hand me downs" in terms of the clothing she got to pick to wear on the show.

• Members

I don't know, I wasn't there. But I've heard from a number of people who worked on the show that Rowell had a tendency to show up late to tapings and delay production of the show. I can see why a lot of them would hate her if that was the case. There is no excuse for the spitting incident, if that indeed happened.

• Members

My guess is they heard about her tendency to delay production and they don't want that kind of mess on their shows. Apparently, she was in talks with OLTL a year ago, but that fell through, allegedly to salary and her demands.

It's kind of funny she hasn't acted since leaving Y&R, regardless of her book tour and penning another book.

She might be passionate about her character and storyline, so she comes off a bit too difficult. But, again, it rubs a lot of people the wrong way, especially when production is delayed because of you.

Archived