AMC: Another Recast

• Members

Well if that is the case then we better start referring to every character on all the soaps as Not(insert characters name) because none of them are being written as they should be or true to character. If it is the writing then all of them are Nots then.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no befuddlement over it at all. I was being sarcastic with her because of her answer.

I know what the term means and I don't like it but I do know what it means.

I just don't get it at all in the likes of Ambyr Childers and Briane Moncrief when neither actress has played Colby long enough to be considered the real Colby.

It just makes the term Not or Faux sound ridiculous in those cases.

• Members

Could have fooled me...and I guess you did!

I think SORAS is more about the parents than the kids, we're more likely to accept older parents suddenly having older children (like we can accept that Phillip Kiriakis was a toddler last week with Victor and Kate being of a certain age as opposed to Shawn and Belle who got to be children for at least a few years), Petey was a special case, I think they just didn't (and don't) know what to do with him with Palmer so marginalized and Opal as comic relief. They could have aged him long ago but it was far from a priority.

Archived