Useless characters on your favorite soaps

• Members

With the news that

amongst others (I'm sure <_< ) that I don't want to know about LOL, it's time TPTB look into their inventory and cut the damn fat.

So, I ask who are the most useless characters on your favorite soaps?

Y&R

1) Tyra/Ana

2) Devon

3) Mac

4) Gloria

5) Jeffrey

6) JT

OLTL

1) Stacy

2) Shane

3) Jared and Natalie (I just hate 'em LOL) totally kidding.

4) Shaun/Destiny

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: Adam, Adam III, Aidan, Amanda, Annie, Colby, David, Emma, Frank (recast, if nothing else), Ian, JR, Jackson, Jake, Kathy, Kendall, Krystal, Liza (or recast), Marissa, Opal (or, bring back Dorothy Lyman), Peter, Randi, Ryan, Scott, Spike, Stuart, Tad (sorry to say), Taylor and Zach

ATWT: Aaron, Alison, Barbara, Bob, Bonnie, Brad, Carly, Dallas, Damian, Dusty, Emily, Emma, Faith, Henry, Holden, J.J., Jack, Jade, Janet, Johnny, Katie, Kim, Liberty, Lily, Lucinda, Lucy, Luke, Meg, Nancy, Natalie, Noah, Parker, Paul, Rosanna, Sage, Susan and Vienna

B&B: Donna, Jackie, Katie, Marcus, Nick, Owen, Taylor and Thorne

DAYS: Abe, Arianna, Doc Baker, Brady, Chelsea, Chloe, Daniel, E.J., Lexie, Max, Melanie, Mia, Mickey, Nicole, Rafe, Roman, Stefano and Stephanie

GH: Carly, Claudia, Edward, Epiphany, Ethan, Jason, Jax, Johnny, Lucky, Luke, Lulu, Mac, Matt, Maxie (or at least recast), Nikolas, Patrick, Rebecca, Sam, Sonny and Spinelli

GL: Why bother when they're slated to go off the air in Sept.?

OLTL: Addie, Blair, Bo, Brody, Carlotta, Charlie, Clint, Cole, Cristian, David, Gigi, Jack, Jared, John, Kyle, Langston, Layla, Lola, Markko, Matthew, Moe, Noelle, Nora, Rachel, Ray, Rex, Sam, Schuyler, Shane, Stacy, Starr (or - for God's sake - recast), Tea, Todd and Vanessa

Y&R: Amber, Ana, Cane, Chloe, Colleen, Daniel, Devon, Eden, Gloria, Heather, J.T., Jana, Jeffrey, Kevin, Lily, Mac, Neil, Nick, Nikki, Noah, Paul, Sharon and Tyra

• Members

AMC

None are really useless except for Chuck Pratt. No one has a good story right now. The actors who need to replaced -- the ones playing Liza and Colby.

OLTL

Stacey. Kill her off and bring back Adriana for what would be a great Adriana/Rex/Gigi/Brody/Jess pentangle. The show immediately improves ten-fold with that one move.

Y&R

Ana & Tyra. Send them back to Seattle. Pair Neil with Nina, Olivia or Victoria

Mac needs to go back to Africa and come back in a few months played by a dynamic actress

• Members

Not necessarily, JellicleCat. (By the way, like the SN, lol.) But I do think ATWT needs to refocus on the Hughes family. I also think the mantel of "moral center" should be passed to Tom and Margo. Bob, Kim and Nancy can visit occasionally, of course, for family holidays and such; however, I'd like to see a "new" ATWT w/ Tom, Margo and their sons (not only Casey, but Adam as well) in the center.

Other characters I'd focus on include:

* Dr. John Dixon: Margo's father;

* Scott Eldridge: Tom's wayward half-brother;

* Frannie Hughes: Tom's half-sister; now a criminologist; virtually unlucky in love;

* The Shelbys: a new family, connected through Adam (Claire Munson Shelby, the matriarch, is Hal's sister)

* Ariana Triandos: daughter of Natalie and Ari Triandos (yes, I know Natalie agreed not to have any children by Ari, but...I can explain, lol); young vixen to come between brothers Adam and Casey; and

* Natalie Bannon Triandos: Tom's ex-wife and Ariana's mother.

• Members

AMC: Randi, Natalia, Scott, Taylor, Brot

OLTL: Stacy, Gigi, Justin, Becca, Moe, Noelle, Cristian, Layla, Lola, John, Michael, Marcie (which is a shame, because I like what Michael/Marcie COULD offer, but they aren't being written to)... I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

GH: Matt, Claudia, Ric, Sonny, Jason, Jax, Kate, Carly, Rebecca, Nikolas, Ethan, Spinelli, Toussaint.

• Members

I agree, Alexis is useless on GH as Nancy Lee Grahn's talent are severely underutilized. Ditto Hearst.

Y&R

Honestly, some of these characters just need to be re-vitalized (Paul, Neil, Devon, Colleen, Victoria, JT)

-But let's go with Tyra, Ana, Gloria, Jeffrey, Kevin, Mac.

• Members

Good Lord Khan, did you leave anyone out? :lol:

That's like 3/4 of the show....also Vanessa has been gone for nearly two months now, and David has been out of town for several weeks. BTW....what do you have against little Sam? And Addie? :blink::P

Plus, who does that leave anyway? Looks like Viki, Natalie, Jessica, Chloe, Bree, Roxy, Nigel, Renee, Langston, Markko, Dorian, Marty, Rebecca, and Powell? Now wouldn't that be a show?

• Members

Oops. My bad. :D

Yeah, but he'll be back; and I wish he wouldn't.

Nothing. I like Addie and Sam. However, Addie and Sam are, for lack of a better word, tertiary characters. They don't "drive" story - at least, not right now. If Blair is out of town, naturally, her children, minus Starr, would be out of town as well. Same goes for Addie, who'd leave town with her daughter and grandchildren. Of course, that doesn't stop TPTB from bringing back Sam "down the road" as a SORASed young man. ;)

Oh, that's right, Langston and Markko! Thanks, Scotty! I knew I was forgetting someone!

First of all, I'm not even including Powell and Rebecca, since those two probably will be gone after the end of the K.A.D. Killer storyline.

Second, why would people assume I'd want a soap built around so few characters? Out of the characters currently on-canvas, the ones I'd keep are, yes, Viki, Natalie (without Jared!), Jessica (and by extension, her kids), Roxy (but only in a recurring capacity), Nigel (also only in a recurring capacity, as he becomes Viki's new butler), Renee (same as Nigel and Roxy, since she still owns the Palace, where people go and eat, right?), Marty and Dorian. It'd be up to the writers and producers, therefore, to introduce or bring back characters through ones already established (including those slated to leave) who are useful to the show as a whole.

• Members

B&B:

OK, I am a Brooke fan. I have loved her since 1987. But... I need a break. A break from Bridge and Brick and Tridge and Trick. Unless they gave KKL business SLs that restored Brooke's kick-assery. And only then would they give her an honest-to-god meaningful, romantic relationship. I can't deal with True Teenage Love Brooke and Birth Mother Brooke and Stepford Housewife Brooke.

Who else? Ridge. A no-brainer.

Taylor (though I have grown to like her).

Nick

Katie (maybe -- although if Brooke is staying, I'd want a member of her family around, too. And since they foolishly had Storm blow his brain's out...)

Donna

Eric

Beth (is she still around?)

I'd keep Rick and Steffy... but only if it turned out that Steffy had been playing Rick all this time in order to get back at him for FEE-Beee's death.

Archived