• Members

The expansion of AW meant a rearranged NBC schedule

Noon Jeopardy cancelled every show moved up half an hour

Password Plus from 12.30 to noon

Hollywood Squares from 1pm to 12.30

Days of Our Lives from 1.30 to 1pm

The Doctors from 2.30 to 2pm

Another World from 3pm to 2.30

Rather than a total  change maybe The Doctors could have been moved to 1pm. Then Days/AW would air in ablock-their 2 strongest soaps.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

On #SoapTwitter today Another World Memories tweeted that on 2-27-1989 Joanna Going had her last day as Lisa Grady, a run of two years. 

Well, I was utterly shocked! I would've thought Lisa was a part of the Bay City canvas at lest twice that long! Just goes to show you what your memory can do to you!! I wonder what else I recall WRONG!!! 🫵🫰Now Hear This! Memory is Faulty! Look it up! 

• Members

Jeopardy had played at noon for years until January 1974 when it was moved to 10.30 am. Then in July 74 it was shifted again to 1.30 pm. Cancelled in Jan 75 to make way for How To Survive A Marriage.

It didn't resurface until Oct 78 at 10.30 am.Then in Jan 79 it was back to noon before being dumped in March with the daytime reshuffle to make way for the 90 min AW.

• Members

I just wish that NBC had had leadership that could've made them strong & that they had not worked to kill or get rid of AW. It was a real shame to lose such a little jewel. And, game shows could've been part of a larger plan. 

I just heard that Mariska Hargitay who plays Olivia Benson on L&O:SVU, that her character is the longest-running in TV history & that is 22 years. Well, of course that's primetime. They're not thinking about soaps. So AW doesn't have anyone who was original cast till its end, of course. So, I just picked Victoria Wyndham & she was there for 27 years. Going off-topic Helen Wagner who played Nancy Hughes from first show till one of the last, was on ATWT for 54 years! Mary Stuart, SFT's Jo was 35 years. 

Edited by Tonksadora
what I just heard

• Members

Someone uploaded an episode of AW in the middle of a Bill Cullen tribute (don't know why AW is connected to Bill Cullen). The video is here: AW post  AW is 2:59:20 into the video. I don't know the year of the episode but it has Christopher Knight and Susan Keith if that narrows it down (my first-hand AW knowledge is 1986 through just before Frankie's death).

Edited by chrisml

• Members

The announcer said it was Mar-Apr 1981, the NY station. We have Rachel & Ada arguing over Jamie marrying Cecile. (He went out of town & they got married.) Jamie & Cecile (Richard Bekins & Susan Keith) talking. Ray Liotta & Blane. Jamie confronting Rachel. She alleges that Cecile has lost all of her money, her inheritance is gone & she just wants Jamie because she's broke. He says she stood by him while he was in jail & took care of business on the outside for him. He decides that Mac & Rachel don't trust him or treat him like an adult. ... This is going to go on for a good while & I can't stick with it right now.  

Another World Memories tweeted today that Connie Ford started on 2-28-1967. Because of that I just shared her singing at the 1992 Fan Club Luncheon & if anyone here hasn't seen it, it's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXvKrEjX4aw&t=796s

Edited by Tonksadora
Connie today's date