Another World

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sure this can't be April 8 (the possible date listed on YT) because Catlin and Sally's wedding started April 5. If they're talking about the night before the wedding I would guess it must be somewhere between April 2 and 4. (Maybe the 3rd is the most likely based on the daily synopsis on the AWHP? http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/aw1985d.htm)

• Members

Here is the Another World closing credits from April 13, 1982.  This closing uses the rarely used variation of the theme song and clocks in at long 3 minutes and 34 seconds- with 57 actors listed in the cast.  Definitely a rare find...

Edited by watson71

• Members

Thanks for finding those, @watson71 . Seeing all the shots of the Shea family reminds me of why so many viewers may have left the show in these years. What was the point of watching when so many characters who were introduced would just end up being killed off? Harry Shea's wife was killed, then some months later he was killed. Similar to Jerry Grove's mother, to Russ' wife Tracy, her manager, Bob Morgan, on and on. It adds such a gloomy vibe to this period. 

• Members

Wow, this is great! Thanks for posting @watson71. It's always great when a "new" episode gets found.

Not only did the show go overboard with new characters in 1982, it also did seem to be take a much darker turn, even darker than the year before. It'll probably forever be an unsolved mystery, but I'd love to know what Corinne Jacker and Paul Rauch thought they were doing, or tried to do with this year. I know Jacker was quoted in saying that she hated her time on AW, but my question is why did she hate it?

I also find it interesting how Loretta was killed in the middle of an episode instead of at the end.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

She was a playwright, so it's possible Rauch was trying to recreate the same magic that he had with Lemay, but it ended up being a mess. From what I've read and seen, it seemed she had no sense of pacing or characterization.

Pete and Diana were madly in love and were planning to get married only two months after they met, Bob and Quinn were having an affair just weeks after they met, Rachel and the Russian artist, the lady that replaced Pat at Brava. It's like everything was over before it even began. There was no time for fans to invest in all these characters and they tuned out. I honestly don't blame them lol

But as I watch these episodes, I do have to admit Jacker really did seem to have a good handle on the Blaine/Sandy/Cecile triangle.

Edited by AbcNbc247