Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have posted an AW Gallery with 16 Images and data of the Another World Fan Bench in Central Park in NYC. I invite you all to enjoy them & the videos that go with them.

You can find those videos going by my name " Donna L. Bridges " on youtube.com. The videos you'll find there are The Lovely Ada 1, 2 & 3, complete with tea towel over shoulder; a Cory Christmas 1, 2 & 3, where one of them includes the Snowflake Ball & full complete closing credits; Mac & Rachel; and lastly Carl & Rachel 1, 2 and 3.

• Members

I never liked *this* Sally. Not keen on that Peter. Not keen on Brittany. Loved Catlin. We had *so* many Sallys! Overall, I am enjoying watching, though, even with it being chopped up into 10 minute clips. LOL. "I don't want her relish." Crack me up. I haven't seen this either.

reuploaded to death?!!!

• Members

Exactly.

Watching that episode in isolation I can see how it wouldn't be clear whether Brittany is a sympathetic character or not -- she comes across as simply grateful to Peter for his kindness. And who could blame her for bristling at Donna's unreasonable attitude? But the previous day Brittany was hanging all over Catlin, trying to convince him that he must prefer her to Sally and trying to figure out how to make the best use of her pregnancy (which she hasn't told either of the men in her life about . . . I believe she hasn't slept with Peter yet so she has to get moving on how to set it up so that he can be persuaded that he is the father of her enormous "premature" infant). Actually the part where she beats him at chess ("I'm good at games") was I think supposed to be suggestive of the fact that she is playing him, but I'm not sure that comes across without the context.

Edited by Xanthe

Sorry i misread it.  

I liked Taylor Miller as Nina on AMC. But she was badly miscast as Sally. She had no chemistry with a yummy Catlin. It so weird seeing Peter being so nice to Brittany. Since he would later abuse her. Donna was such a snob. Got to love Brittany for standing up to her. The mother/daughter stuff with Ada & Nancy was well done. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

There’s an episode from, I want to say 1984, because Carl was involved before he went completely nuts, that had a surprise party for Larry and included a dinner party involving Cecile, Peter, Mac, Rachel, Carl, and I think Felicia, that got booted off YT.

Larry was cute, busting on himself describing how he was practicing his big surprised face, only for Clarice to troll him for a scene and then Mayor Brian called up to troll him over the phone to get him to his real surprise party.

There was possibly also stuff going with Quinn and a blow-up clown in her car that was surprisingly terrifying and effective, if I’m not mixing up episodes.

I do hope that episode makes it back to YT, because it was delightful.

Edited by katie_9918

• Members

Thank you so much for that context. I was just going off of what was happening in that episode and decided Brittany seemed too dull for my liking. Donna may be a snob, but she's *my* snob, darn it!

Also, the next episode would be the last for this Peter, according to AWHP. In just over a month, Michael arrives. Reginald and Mary won't show up until next summer.

• Members

I wasn't watching AMC when Taylor Miller was on there, although, of course I recognized her as being a non-Sally. We just had so many dang Sallys. Donna totally cracked me up. This was an early scene where she went from zero to bitch in 60 seconds and she was so over the top about it. She should have made one comment & then let it slide. However, good grief could Brittany not pick up a huge hint laying in the road?!!! Mebbe not. About that time Peter decides to get into it. Oy vey!

Yes, good stuff with Ada & Nancy.

Wait a minute! She's my snob, too! I took it one step further: she's my bitch!

Xanthe: or someone, give my brain a Sunday night break since I have to go to bed soon & tell me who the other man in Brittany's life is. (I knew I would regret not paying more attention to Brittany! But, I just didn't like the lady.)

At some point they took down all the videos of Jake's funeral because of music rights. Remember it is set around that Rolling Stones' song, "You don't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might get what you need."

Edited by Donna B
spelling