Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@EddieAWHP Hi, Eddie! Donna B shallotpeel here, good to see you! I believe that my dear old friend Chase4ever captured all of the SOAPnet broadcasts. And, I know he has uploaded everything he got to youtube. I know you have done so as well. Thanks for dropping by. Remember to tell people about the AW Fan Bench in Central Park & the videos we put up from there in Sept. 2018. Love your page, love you, love Mike, keep up the good work! I've always been so proud of the fact that ANOTHER WORLD had the best resources on the web!

• Members

While we're eyeballing the lovely and talented Susan Sullivan, I have a question, from way back. Does anyone know if the author Rita Mae Brown "outed" Susan Sullivan? I think she did. And, I know she outed Fanny Flagg who wrote Fried Green Tomatoes and another book. And, I know that Rita Mae Brown "outed" another blonde-blonde woman but I don't know who that is. I can guess. LOL

• Members

Could this be a confusion of two Susans? I don't find any info re Susan Sullivan (who seems to have been partnered with a man for years) and Rita Mae Brown, but Susan Flannery's Wikipedia page notes her relationship with Fannie Flagg and their friendship with Rita Mae Brown.

Edited by Xanthe
rearranging my parenthetical aside to make it clearer

• Members

I’ve been watching the 1985 episodes available on Youtube, and currently am obsessed with the Marley/Vicky storyline. And can I say DAMN Ellen Wheeler is an acting genius! She plays both of them so well and so differently yet believably!

• Members

Well, hell yeah, she is! I hated that they never brought her back & gave her both roles. Did you hear the anecdote about her feet? Some of us were recently watching a SOAPnet Reunion where we got to see Felicia & Wally flying down the hill in a truck, out of control, and they ran into TallBoys. KaBoom! So, Kale asked Ellen if she knew they were always having to check her by her feet. Clearly Ellen did not know what he was getting at. So, he went on with his tale. Anna Stuart was cracking up. They could not tell who they were acting with - was it Marley or was it Vicky?!!!! Here was their clue: Marley stood pigeon-toed & Vicky stood with her feet turned out. Isn't that hilarious?! We have someone over in the Facebook Group I'm in & she (Gloria) was a friend of Brent Collins (Wallingford). She even sat with the family for the funeral. She shares anecdotes with us!