Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only thing I knew about Nina was her name, so I had no preconceived notions about her character. What was wrong with her?

Taylor Miller's storyline as the Lesoleil Woman was ridiculous, but at the time I was glad that they didn't kill Sally off when Mary Page Keller left and had her leave town to visit Alice when she and Catlin were feeling more optimistic even though Brittany's arrival had caused some trouble in their relationship. I didn't think that Taylor Miller was terrible, but it felt like they did a lot to emphasize that her Sally came from a more middle class world than Catlin's rodeo past. And even though Catlin and Sally were not what they had been with Mary Page Keller, I have to admit that when Catlin slept with Brittany I was actually devastated and cried quite a bit.

• Members

Anna Stuart is a hoot in that episode posted upthread, she nails icy snob. 

Poor Brent, Linda is always in his light, I didn't watch AW as a kid in the '80s, was this a perpetual issue for him? I hope not. Then again, Linda is also in Petronia's light, so perhaps it's not so much a height issue. I saw Petronia in Macbeth at Michael Kahn's Shakespeare Theatre here in D.C. a couple of years ago... ever radiant and commanding. My friend was in the cast and I tried my best to impart that they had a legend in their midst. I felt the same way when Joan Van Ark and Jean Le Clerc were down here doing Camino Real. My friends didn't know them from Adam and sadly sort of dismissed them as the eccentric soapy kooks in the cast who'd had too much work done.

• Members

Great interview! Thanks for posting!

Btw, I love how all these actors complain about the commute to the AW studio (from Manhattan to Brooklyn and vice versa), like its so far and takes so long. Depending on where you are, what time you leave, it could take a half an hour maybe even less. As someone who does commute from Brooklyn to Manhattan to Queens everyday, I can honestly say its really not that bad, especially in the early morning. It can be bad, but it's not all bad all the time.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I have this on DVD & it is so oodly scrumptious! Special thanks to Eddie & other fans who came up with the clips to have it made. Wiping had done its due.

This is the best of JB. I could do without JB except for the Ryan & Vicky in heaven stuff.

Really, two days.

MDP loved writing serial killers & rapits. David O'Brien could act anything that was writte for him.

Easy to imagine! Poor Val Du Four.

Great list watson.

Is anyone aware of any vido clips of the KBAY Telethon or the "special" shows like Murder on the Orient Express?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcEWmeAD1rQ

July 4th Telethon Part 1

Edited by Donna B
Spell wiping right.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLxyftmauTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nL_Sb91Gw

They used to provide Victoria with a car & a driver. Sometimes Charles rode with her. When they were together, they ran lines during the ride. When she was by herself she was reading scripts &/or writing scripts.

I don't know if people realize it but Vicky & Charles wrote for the show & worked with the younger cast members on their lines. Especially Maggies, of which there were 3. One Maggie was helpless. She just draped herself on the furniture, not really capable of doing any acting. She should have been employed as a model, not an actor. But, they tried to help, no matter what the level was.

A-yes! I say again that she went from zero to bitch in 60 seconds! Gyah, I loved Donna.

• Members

I am going to change gears slightly, I am watching AW 1981, it is summer and the writer's strike is in full gear.  Denny Hobson has been hired by the Blackhawk Group of which Petronia Paley works.  But what struck me was that Jamie Frame is kidnapped, they thought it was Sandy and one of his kidnappers is a young Ed O'Neil who later became Ed Bundy and then Modern Family.  It took me about 3 episodes before I realized it.  Ed is from Youngstown, OH where I have called home for the past 25 years.

Please register in order to view this content