Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's for sure. From what I've seen and read, it seemed like things moved way too fast, like she had no sense of pacing or characterization at all. And yes, it did seem like the show got very dark in 1982, plus that was the year that Alma was introduced.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Okay, I think we have her number! Harding "Pete" Lemay may have very well been lightning in a bottle. He could write plays & he could teach at the university level & he could write memoirs but he could write for soaps, too, bigtime! Doesn't seem like she had the capacity. Wonder who talked her into trying it.

• Members

Harding Lemay also was taught the elements of daytime by Irna Phillips when he was hired.. where he was quoted as saying he learned what not to write.   It doesn't sound like CJ was given a lesson on the elements of soap writing... or paired with an experienced soap writer like Michael Malone was in the early 90s.

• Members

Right, Lemay was literally tutored by Irna, even though they didn't get along very well and he only tolerated her for a short period of time. Who was Malone paired with? I knew he got a lot out of his acquaintance with Gottlieb but she was an EP, wasn't she? When Malone was at AW he was on his own  -- and it showed!

• Members

Ah!  I think AW has numerous problems for years.  We all know about the drama during the 70's with actors being fired or recasted.  Makes sense that behind the scenes the same crap went on.  Not sure if the same stuff went on in other soaps.  AW was always considered the drabby soap filmed in Brooklyn.  It showed after 1980 but I still tuned in and it had its moments sense as a good show

• Members

Clarice came into the show in 1975. She was the girlfriend of the guy that Iris hired to seduce Rachel away from Mac. She was the one who exposed Iris' schemes and Iris swore revenge on her. Clarice then started dating Robert and got pregnant by him. Iris then married Robert and threatened to take Clarice's baby from her if she told Robert about her pregnancy. Eventually, Robert found out, dumped Iris and left town. Clarice then gave birth and then met and married Gil's son, Burt. Eventually, they divorced and Clarice met and married Larry.