Another World

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm curious in what sense it fell apart. This is well after the expansion to 90 minutes and the spin-off of Texas, both of which are discussed as the beginning of the end. Was there a major change in the writing or in the cast that made the wheels come off?

• Members

AbcNbc247 was speaking of 1981 .... so, looking at other dates, Doug died May 1989 & Connie died Feb. 1993 ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone asked where the AW Bible is.

It is in the Publications Section of the AWHP. It's easy to find once you land in that section.

Edited by Donna B
Draw a line.

• Members

Interesting: just saw a credit crawl for the show in 81 when Lawrence Konner and his wife were head writers. They had five script writers who never wrote for daytime again. One (Mark Rosenthal) went on to great writer success in hollywood alongside Konner..

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

That's just what I think. When I watched the 1981 episodes on YT, overall I enjoyed them. I didn't like that Rachel suddenly had feelings for Mitch and left Mac for him, especially after everything they went through the previous year, but there were a lot of good stories at that time. But I always felt like after the hostage crisis was when everything just got so boring and the stories just got stupid.  Restarting Rachel/Steve/Alice with a fake Steve and a fake Alice, Clarice getting raped by Jerry, Jamie's book. I wasn't a fan of any of that.

L. Virginia Browne was headwriter in the first half of 1981, but sometime during the year, it might have been during the strike was when Corinne Jacker came in and just ruined everything. She was a playwright, not a soap writer and it could have been Rauch's attempt to find a new Lemay for the show. I'd love to find what was going on behind the scenes during this time. I know CJ was quoted in saying that she hated working on the show, but my question is why? Was there behind the scenes turmoil or was she just an egomaniac that thought she was better than soaps?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Corinne Jacker was a disaster, wasn't she?

That year, (1981) Ms. Jacker’s career took a different turn when she became head writer for the NBC soap opera “Another World.” But she quit after one season. “I hated it,” she told Mr. Wishna.

I hope that both Jensen & Zimmer can both pull themselves up out of the deep holes they're in. It would be too much to imagine that they could work again, although Zimmer has worked some in theatre.

Watching Wednesday's Chicago PD

Edited by Donna B
Corinne Jacker, dated