Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm afraid so. Now, he backed off of that position & he fell in love with Rachel big-time & then his romancing of her was remarkable. When she disappeared to New York & he followed her & she was working in Loretta's shop, they really started up something. Then, they spent all that special time walking through the Poets' Corner & exchanging that delightful communication!

Please register in order to view this content

Your memory beats mine. I could only think of once.

• Members

You can thank YouTube and the AWHP for my pre-1995 memories of AW lol. The first time was when he held her hostage to get Mac and he ended up shooting her. That episode is posted on YT. The second time was when she inhaled the poison dust. Carl didn't want any harm to come to her then and was only intending to kill Mac, but from what I've heard and read, the situation just got out of hand.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Thank you for spelling it out. My family had real "things" for both AW & DOOL. We just grew up with everyone in the family being into both of those soaps. So, when Carl came into the picture my baby brother could not stand it. He just hated Carl. And, of course, I went the other way.

I liked Justin best, too.

• Members

https://deadline.com/2019/09/emmy-winning-writer-and-tv-star-jan-merlin-dies-aged-94-1202743187/

(per AWHP he seemed to write for AW between 74-76)

Jan Merlin, an Emmy-winning writer and actor best remembered for early TV series Tom Corbett, Space Cadet and The Rough Riders, has died at the age of 94.

Merlin’s death was confirmed by his family and collaborator William Russo, with whom he wrote books about Hollywood.

Merlin won a writing Emmy in 1975 for daytime NBC soap opera Another World.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

According to what I saw & posted earlier he wrote for 5 years all as a member of Pete Lemay's team, won the Emmy you mention, and was up for Nomination twice more. I believe it further said that he was in L.A. at the time of his death on Sept. 20th, 2019.

Sarah Jane Smith: Whatever's in that tower, it's got enormous powers and, well, what can we do against it? The Doctor: What I've always done, Sarah Jane. Improvise.  pg. 15 referring to the pizza box under his bed. -- The Official Quotable Doctor Who: Wise Words from across Space and Time

• Members

Which Jamie are you speaking of here & what was his occupation? Richard Bekins, novelist? Larry Lau, doctor? Russell Todd, I forgot because I never really cared for him.

Same question: which Vicky? which Nicole #1 cocaine user? #2 Cass's lover & a fashion designer?

I think I already posted this but it's not like it will hurt to repeat it. My mother & I both cried for 3 days when they killed Zane off. I loved seeing the actor show up on ATWT.

Is that when Tom Eplin & Ellen Wheeler married & went to Hollywood for (I think it was) 5 years?

The actress who played Kathleen, Julie Osborne, got married and one of the MJs was in her wedding.

Julie Osborn (Kathleen) at her wedding with one of the MJs in attendance.They were good good friends. Julie Osborn was one of a number of AW players who had an astounding guest shot on the NBC primetime drama ER. (Did Osborn have an e on the end of it? I can't remember.)

Her history with cocaine use alone showed that.

• Members

Here is a Day Player I knew from AW. Sorry that I don't recall his name.

The Doctor: I'll be back for you as soon as I can, I promise. Amy: You always say that. The Doctor: I always come back. Flesh and Stone - Doctor Who quote

Edited by Donna B
Citation.

• Members

Osburn with a u and no e on the end.

Reading this interview on the AWHP, both Sally Spencer and Kathleen Layman attended Julie Osburn's wedding where they met each other for the first time.

I always thought Julie Osburn was brilliantly cast. She played so well with Cass and Felicia but she also had a real rapport with Kathleen Layman -- and they looked like they could be real sisters. Sally Spencer looked less like Julie, but it's nice to hear they were friends offscreen.

Edited by Xanthe

• Members

When Kathleen returned, I wanted her back with Cass too. I always thought she made the most sense with Cass. I suppose the show knew she was only short-term, but still. I thought Cass and Frankie were okay. I would never have considered them a "super couple" though. In fact, I enjoyed Lila with him at the end more than I did the two as a couple. 

• Members

I was either in junior high or high school when Susan & Julie were in high school.

In order of preference, I don't consider Cass & Felicia or Cass & Cecile. Tops is Cass & Kathleen. Next up is Cass & Frankie who I adored. Cass matured so with Frankie & dealt with his bipolar, with the actress who played his shrink who was his wife. At the tail end I preferred Lila with Matt, either Matt Crane or Jeff Phillips. So, as you can see, I really wasn't keen on the wedding finale.

Can anyone tell me why we had Jeff Phillips for that period of time we did?

• Members

Back, way back, in August 1980, the show stopped broadcasting in 90 minute slots & went back to an hour. L. Virginia Browne was headwriting & focusing on younger characters, including Richard Bekins' Jamie. Among other things she had him play 267 straight episodes carrying a daily drug addiction. If I am counting right, that's 7 weeks! In 1983 the next headwriter Corinne Jacker brought Steve Frame back from the dead. That helicopter crash had not killed him, instead it had given him amnesia.In May 1984 they celebrated the show's 20th anniversary & brought Alice back & along with her the star-crossed lovers who became so popular Sally and Catlin. Unfortunately the show brought on Margaret De Priest and she created her first serial killer mystery.