Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, yes! Got Lila & baby Jasmine out of it. Robert Kelker-Kelly made me mad over his choice to be first Bobby Reno & then Shane Roberts when if he wanted to come back to the show, it should have been as Sam Fowler!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sad day, when Matthew Cory left home.

Edited by Donna B
Dividing line.

• Members

Mark Mortimer as Nick Hudson seems more competent than I remembered. I had recalled him as a vacuous prettyboy and rather dull. (Not that I liked Kevin McClatchy better in the role.)

Jensen seemed very subdued, for Vicky.

Does anyone know what was upsetting Matthew in his flashback with Mac? 

Edited by Xanthe

• Members

That was why he was emotional with Rachel and thinking about Mac. I was wondering about the storyline within the flashback, where something had made him emotional and Mac was comforting him.

Did she fire Justin Chambers (who seemed like a much more interesting performer) in order to hire him, or was she forced to come up with a replacement on short notice?

• Members

You beat me to the reply! Yes, McClatchey was an FOJ & she wanted to get rid of Justin (also my fave) to put her FOJ in place. And, McClatchey was too old for the part. Yabbut, Justin Chambers ending up on Grey's Anatomy really was the last laugh!

Oh, let me look at it again.

• Members

Carl, the villain had to be redeemed. Just like today, the bad guys get propped up while the good guys are destroyed.

AW took it to the extreme though. Instead of a woman falling in her love with her rapist, they had a woman fall in love with the guy who tried to kill her lol. Luckily both actors and characters were talented and popular. 

• Members

Matt Crane was only on-screen for about a year before Douglass Watson's death, so there's not a lot of storyline to look through. My guess is that he wouldn't have been so upset about any of the things going on in his love life at the time. So the likeliest possibilities look like either when he found out about Janice/Mitch/Mac/Rachel or when he was forced to turn in evidence that implicated Mac in the alleged murder of Drew Marston. And Mac's message of "have faith" sounds more appropriate to the Drew situation, so I'm guessing that.

Edited by Xanthe

• Members

Did Carl ever reach the point of trying to kill Rachel? For a long time his shtick was that he had it in for Mac and wanted Mac to die and/or suffer, but he had a thing for Rachel (presented as Richard III and Anne at least once) and swore that no real harm should ever come to her. I mean, she got amnesia and things, and he tormented and killed other people along the way, and they should not really have made the effort to redeem the character, but still, I thought he had always drawn the line at killing Rachel.