Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alice's arrival coincided with the murder of David Thatcher. Sally had already been growing close with Catlin since his arrival earlier in 1984, so I would hardly say that Alice brought that romance with her. And Margaret dePriest arrived a couple of years later after a lot of intervening stories and then she killed off Sally and invented: Reginald and Mary; MJ's prostitute past and her pimp/boyfriend Chad; John Hudson and the idea that he, not Michael, could have been Marley and Victoria's father; and Lisa Grady and the serial killer the Sin Stalker.

If they had been able to create a story with Alice and Steve that didn't undermine her maturity and her career as a doctor, that could have been more interesting than what she did get (mild romance with Mark Singleton and maternal support of Sally). Did Steve interact with Sally much during his David Canary phase?

• Members

Yes, that was what I was getting at, he never intended to kill her in the 1980s, he just came up with cockamamie schemes that wound up putting her in danger in his quest to kill Mac. It's hard to blame Matthew and Amanda for being suspicious about whether it was a good idea to trust Carl. Of course Matthew also seemed to forgive Mitch for his crimes, so...

• Members

Anne Meacham, who was quite a Broadway and off-Broadway actress and also a good friend to Tennessee Williams and is credited with saving his life once when he had a nervous breakdown! She played a servant in the Cory household, Louise Goddard, and it was her job to keep up with absolutely all of the Cory houseplants! Williams once wrote an editorial in The New York Times praising Meacham, noting "There's nothing she won't say or do onstage without any sign of embarrassment".

• Members

Larry Lau was the Jamie who came home as a doctor. (There was also Stephen Yates between Richard Bekins and Larry Lau. He worked at Cory Publishing and had no patience for Peter Love's nonsense. He dated MJ.)

Larry Lau didn't appeal to me as Jamie. He was somehow too self-satisfied. I preferred Russell Todd (whose Jamie was still a doctor; was he the one who had the whole sexual harassment problem with Kelsey?) probably only because Larry Lau had set the precedent for bland and pompous Jamie and I shallowly preferred Russell Todd's looks for it.

• Members

Rhonda Lewin was the only Vicky who can be said not to have had much of a chance, IMO. All of the others were popular and lasted for years.

As for Nicole, Kim Morgan Greene was cocaine Nicole who dated Jamie. Lauri Landry was singing Nicole who didn't get much to do. Anne Howard was the last Nicole, the fashion designer who was engaged to Cass and killed Jason Frame. 

I have been watching some of the episodes from 1986. Adam is supposed to be a fine upstanding honourable man, and I know I shouldn't expect much from the DePriest era, but I was somewhat shocked by how it was totally fine that he made his work colleague (and really I guess subordinate because she had been demoted to uniform for no good reason) MJ feel uncomfortable about having to sleep in Cecile's hotel room in scanty lingerie on their stakeout. 

• Members

I set out here to do a search on & for AW: Anne Heche. Turns out AH is not specific enough. I've seen Anne Heche in just about everything she's done including in PROOF from the 4th row on Broadway. Then, like a doofus I stood across the street too shy to go ask for an autograph!

As an AW fan I was lucky in that I got to see all of the Love/Hudsons - Donna even when Anna Stuart went to Hollywood for five years & we were left with Philece Sampler who I did not care for. She just reminded me of the role she had played at DOOL. And, Ellen Wheeler as Marley & Vicky who I loved. And, Anne Heche as Marley & Vicky who I loved. And, Rhonda Llewin who was okay. And, Cynthia Watros who was filling in temporarily. And, then, at long last Jensen Buchanan as Marley & Vicky & then as just Vicky. I really resented Jensen because she was intent on playing the role when she came back from maternity leave but she told them she would only play Vicky & not Marley, too. Then, she only worked part of each week. And, then, she had them transport her by helicopter from the studio to her house and back. While she was at it she tried to get them to make her the star appearing above Victoria Wyndham's name. Meanwhile Ellen Wheeler had been ready to come back in & play both parts for just ages! At the very end of the show she played a Marley who was taller than Vicky! Now, of course, Jensen has really screwed things up by having a serious accident & a DUI, etc.

Please register in order to view this content