Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Clarice and Larry are such an odd case because at one time they each had an entire family built around their characters.  Clarice had a couple of brothers, who both dated Sally, and Larry had Catlin, who also dated Sally.  In addition, Clarice's son was the heir to Delaney Brands of Somerset, so there was lots of potential for both characters.

• Members

Michael Storm and Lillian Hayman on OLTL, Patricia Bruder on ATWT, Ellen Demming on TGL, Teri Keane on TEON...the soap opera landscape is littered with beloved actors and their characters who just "stopped being there" when TPTB decided they were no longer relevant. Fans loathe such disrespect, but our outrage is ignored.

• Members

We had a fan event in June 2000, right after the show went off the air & we were starting to raise money for the AW Fan Bench so that in a year we could dedicate it. We had fans & some actors at Blondie's in Manhattan. All of a sudden, Clarice came in the front door. Well everyone was turned around from that so it was as if Clarice came in the back. And, she had found out about it from her local paper, in CT, and just surprised us! There was whispering all over the room: Look, there's Clarice! It was just so neat.

• Members

I admit when I was younger back in the 80's I was not interested in Clarice or Ada, but wanted to see more of the money and intrigue.  As a (much older) person today, I see the charm of Clarice and Larry.  I would have definitely hung and had a beer or 2 with him.  I never realized the depth of her storyline though until now.  

• Members

Denny Hobson and Sally were married, which somehow never came up after she got involved with Catlin, even though he talked a lot about his misspent youth and even when she felt betrayed by the fact he had been married to Brittany. Clarice's father married Ada as well (wasn't Ada using the Hobson surname to the end of her life?).