Another World

• Members

Thank you, Carl, for posting the pics and TimWil, for your kind words. That's part of the reason why having the vintage soaps show up on YT (and on reruns, as is the case with The Doctors on Retro TV) is so great - the actors' kids, grandkids, and/or other family members can see the episodes made before they were born or were too young to remember them.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Youtube is certainly a godsend to vintage soap fans. Before the internet, we collectors of vintage episodes had to negotiate for, and trade, classic material through the post office. It was a slow and tedious process, and you never knew if the person to whom you had sent material through the mail would be honest enough to send anything back. With youtube, collectors can upload their treasures for all the world to enjoy, and no one has to endure any of the hassles associated with mail-order trading. We are very lucky.

• Members

Such a good episode of Another World. This episode exemplified why I loved the citizens of Bay City so much.

Though Ryan could be aggravating at times, I do love that he was always consistent in being a man of honor.

The exchange between Donna and Iris was hilarious. Their rivalry is something that the show should've played up for years to come. They were like the slightly older version of Vicky and Paulina.

I didn't care for Amanda and Sam's scenes as I don't care for Sam regardless the actor. Sam comes off as a d-ck. I don't see what Olivia and Amanda saw in him. I did like the exchange between Amanda and Olivia though. Olivia did sum up who Amanda was at the time--a woman who could never settle on one man loving her.

Was that Dennis who Olivia had that exchange with?

You could see the build up between Vicky/Grant in the episode, and I loved how Donna was apprehensive when she saw them getting close.

I prefer seeing Grant like this--more humanized instead of the mess he'd come post-Ryan's death. I hate that they made him into a mustache twirling baby version of Stefano from DAYS.

Jake and Paulina were magical together. So sad that in later years, Jake would be paired with Vicky, which I hated, and Paulina would be stuck with chauvinistic pig, Joe Carlino.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I love Sandy Ferguson too, but when I started watching, my Amanda was Christine Tucci. I've come across a lot of people that didn't like her Amanda but I enjoyed her. While Sandy's Amanda always seemed the total opposite of Rachel, Christine's Amanda was a spitting image of her mother.

I think that both women were the best of both worlds. I love Amanda because she could be righteous at times but she was flawed too. Much like Rachel.

• Members

I never saw Christine Tucci. The first Amanda I saw was Laura Moss when I began watching in 1997, and then Sandra Ferguson came back to reclaim her role the next year and kept it until the cancellation. At least once we saw one vintage flashback clip with Rachel and Amanda when Sandra returned.