Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm happy to see he's doing well.

Greg and Jenny and Jesse and Angie were a wonderful and memorable set of characters. AMC struck gold with them. So often, soaps' young-love romances just fall flat or the actors fail to generate chemistry. These four were notable exceptions.

Yes, it's long rumored that MK and Rauch had issues, Susan Sullivan publicly announced her health woes a while back, but she's doing better now.

https://people.com/falcon-crest-star-susan-sullivan-lung-cancer-surgery-exclusive-8420665

• Members

I am always curious because his Jamie was so disappointing to me after Yates and of course Bekins: what was Greg Nelson like and what about that character made AW cast Lau as Jamie despite his personal issues? Was it just the simple calculus that the actor had been popular on AMC?

He stayed on AW for almost 3.5 years, which is a strange length of time -- was he on a 3 year contract and then lingered a little bit longer?

• Members

My childhood memories of Greg Nelson are that of a "fine, upstanding, young man," who wasn't perfect, but who possessed many admirable and welcome qualities, including integrity and compassion.  IOW, the kind of solid, relatable leading man you really don't see anymore on soaps (and if you do, they're boring as hell, lol).

• Members
Posted (edited)

IMHO, Jamie was ruined by Sandy, more than re-casting.

He had been a carefree, creative, eligible bachelor, with an enviable lifestyle.  Then, Sandy comes along and suddenly he's the second banana. Blaine and Cecile played him for a fool.  He lost some of his edge, and definitely a lot of his heat.

Years later, Jamie and Vicky should've been two peas in a pod.  They were both comfortable with the spoils of wealth.  But, they both had a tenuous attachment to their respective paternal sources of finance.  And, most of all, they both felt as if they weren't their parent's favorite child (Jamie with Mac, and Vicky with Donna) (for all the Cpt Obviouses in the crowd, I know Mac wasn't Jamey's father, but you know what I mean).

But, rather than empathizing with each other, Jamey was always trying to teach Vicky a lesson.  It felt like plot-wise, the goal was to create a rivalry between Donna and Rachel by creating a Romeo and Juliet romance.  However, the relationship really just served to confirm that Jamey was always second best.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Cecile kidnapping Cass and taking him to St. Thomas was a fun summer storyline.  TPTB should have found a way to keep Cecile in Bay City past August 1986- given the fact the cast would be purged in late 1986.  Surely had she stayed the Sin Stalker would have made several unsuccessful attempts on her life.  It would be 3 years until 1989 that Cecile would return to Bay City.  I wonder if Cecile’s return was part of Lemay’s proposed storylines when he returned in 1988?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Unsure yet. Just got a batch to go through.

And Bope song, totally "Tonight, i celebrate my love for you." I realize that's DAYS, sorry. 

This is Geoffrey Pierson who played Roger Jackson. Sorry it's a little bit out of focus. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Contessa Donatella
corrected ID