Another World

• Members

I can't recall if Micki Grant sang when she played Peggy Nolan. She wrote a musical IRL, so she could have sung. I'm pretty sure James Preston did not sing. Other black actors I don't recall singing would include Ellen Holly, Frances Foster, Peter DeAnda, Herb Davis, and Al Freeman, Jr. on OLTL; Reuben Greene on LOL; and Olivia Cole on GL. Stickney is exaggerating.

Edited by Nicholas Blair
Mistake

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone recognize the set in this photo?  I started watching AW in 1971, and I'm fairly certain this set was not used during the time I watched the show.  So it must have been used prior to 1971.  

This is not Jim and Mary Matthews' house, but it might have been Liz Matthews' original house.  That set was never used again after Liz left the show in early 1971.  

Anyone remember this set on Another World?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I love the photos of Robin from this shoot, I thought she looked so pretty when I first saw them. There’s one with her and David Bailey that they used for a SOD article back in the ‘90s. That’s where my mind was blown learning that my beloved Dorian was the original Rachel.

Robin’s features are a little exaggerated in these photos because she was in fact swollen from an allergic reaction to mango. Robin said that Rauch destroyed most of the photos of her as Rachel when she quit the show and had to be replaced. She quipped that he of course kept the ones where she was temporarily disfigured.

• Members

I was about to respond to this as what you are stating as well.  David Bailey assumed the role of Russ in 1973.  Victoria Wyndham was re-casted as Rachel in 1972 when Strasser left the role.  Robin never played the role of Rachel during David Bailey's role as Russ.  Maybe a picture of the two of them crossing paths considering they all worked in the same industry?

• Members

Today by chance a Twitter thread about Baywatch came across my feed and I glimpsed Kim Morgan Greene (original Nicole Love) at 0:35. Apparently it was an uncredited role as Girl with Injured Foot. 

I liked Kim Morgan Greene as Nicole and never felt the recasts captured the privileged party girl aspect of the character. 

• Members

I agree.  But the character of Nicole was then repositioned with every recast.  Gone was party girl Nicole when recast in the mid 80's as a reporter/business woman/chanteuse who worked with Michael to help get entre back into the Love Mansion after Reginald had returned and taken it back over. Then later Nicole was repositioned as a Fashion Designer, first working under the direction of a mean spirited designer (played by somebody I believe with a name in Daytime TV) then coming out on her own.  A woman trying to make it on her own....I mean she was a Love, and a a model but somehow that just didn't matter as she had to work to make a name for herself.  Well until she shot Jason Frame and finally cracked.  Probably from the multiple personalities throughout the decade...