Another World

• Members

Did you like Mitch and Felicia together? I thought the relationship between Mitch and Rachel made some kind of sense in a last gasp of the 70s kind of way, and I believed that they could be drawn together as fellow artists. But when he returned I didn't feel anything between him and Rachel and the chief reason to pair him with Felicia seemed to be because they wanted to eliminate Zane as too far outside the "core families" and that meant Mitch was an adult human male who needed a mate to keep him from breaking up Rachel and Mac. Maybe it was partly because Margaret DePriest didn't know how to represent artistic types -- she was the one who changed Jamie from a writer/publisher to a doctor.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's funny because I don't think the timing overlaps for them to interact before he reappears after getting out of jail.

I wonder if Mac paid Jamie's med school tuition?  It looks like he spent his publishing forward and the movie rights to his book on drugs (given that he was living in an RV a few years later), Rachel's art never seemed profitable, and we know from the 1977 recaps that Frame Construction went belly up, so Jamie didn't have and funds from those sources...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thanks for researching that.  Bay City is a tough town, Steve built Blackhawk into a very successful business in Australia for almost a decade, then he comes to Bay City and is bankrupt within a year. 

Ray was inept when he ran Frame Construction, but Steve really just overestimated the market.

• Members

Blackhawk went belly up when the high rise that Steve was building collapsed, so he started Frame-Harding Construction with Quinn and I guess they were having money problems or something so that's when Rachel secretly bailed it out, and Steve was mad for a little while.

Quinn ran the company after Steve died, and I think Steve left Rachel and Jamie his stake in the company. After Quinn was killed, it stopped being mentioned until Jason revived it and renamed it Frame Construction.

• Members

Today I learned that it was Judith Barcroft, the original Lenore, who sold Matthew condoms when he was thinking about losing his virginity to Josie (and dispensed such portentous advice about what a big decision it was apparently scared him into several months of abstinence mixed with confusingly flirting with Lisa).   

Barcroft also mentioned that she and George Reinholt had to help out with the writing because everyone was so busy with Somerset!?!

https://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/02/catching-up-with-judith-barcroft-part-1.html

The only problem I come close to having with Felicia and Lucas is Michael and Donna already went to the well of First Love and Father of My Secret Baby Must Be Best Love, and although that kind of thing has its place it doesn't do to apply it everywhere. But other than that I did really like them together. I just would have preferred Zane had remained for longer.

• Members

I agree Felicia and Zane deserved more story than just killing him off a few months after their wedding. They ended up losing so many people during 86 that hanging onto Zane could have helped.

Those WLS interviews are so superior to Locher as they really dig out some interesting tidbits.

Re Judith Barcroft coming back to AW as a day player, I'm puzzled as to why she even did it. Surely you would know going in what the role was and that no-one would know you there,...

• Members

I assume Connie Ford was the only member of the cast who had worked with Judith when she played Lenore on AW.  And if Connie wasn't in the studio that day, they probably didn't even cross paths.   Plus by 1989, none of the sets from Judith's era were still in use. So it must have been a bizarre experience for Judith.  Lenore had been an extremely important character until 1975, even though Susan Sullivan began playing the character in 1971.