Y&R: Week of March 30, 2009

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, I've been saying that ever since Amelia joined. B&B and Y&R should swap actresses, Heather for Amelia. I think Amelia would be much better playing Katie, and of course, Heather IS Victoria.

Or they should wait until GL is canned and steal Gina Tognoni or something, just sayin'.

• Members

They wouldn't? MAB has proven that she has no hesitation when it comes to killing off characters... so far, she's killed Hope, David, Sabrina, Brad, Marge, Clint. And she's been writing for a little over a year, right? I am really starting to dislike all the deaths.

• Members

I think Hope was more of Josh Griffith's idea, they had planned on brining Adam back and killing Hope long before Maria joined.

David, Sabrina, and Marge needed to die, it drove incredible story for the most part, and yeah, they were useless characters that served no purpose.

• Members

Cool, I didn't know that about Hope.

IA that David and Sabrina's deaths proved VERY beneficial to the show... but I think the trend shows that MAB prefers killing off, than writing off. And that worries me.

Exactly my point. There are more creative ways to dispose of characters, ways much less... permanent. Unless Y&R starts going into DOOL-territory soon.

• Members

My case was mostly for Brad and Hope, yes. I can't say that I minded the others (although, I have at times thought that, the redeemed Marge, as an occasional double role for Katherine would be funny). But, I think I haven't made my point clear. My problem with all the killings is that she has relied heavily on deaths to create story... In a little over a year, she has used 5 deaths to create major storylines... so by this time next year, will they be 10 deaths? 15? Do you see where I'm going with this....?

• Members

But seriously, would you actually want David, Sabrina, Marge, and Clint coming back in the future? They were very short-term characters that were tied to core characters, their deaths didn't hurt the show in the long run, and it did drive months and months of story.

If anything, MAB's track record with death shows that she kills characters that although tied to core characters, were useless and had longterm effects with their deaths.

Archived