Y&R: Week of March 30, 2009

• Members

TPTB need to just let all that nonsense go...... Y&R still doesn't feel like Y&R too me without Drucilla.... no character currently on the canvas can bring that type of energy or fire.... for me anyway. Jill is close, but Dru still takes it....

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rowell clearly has problems with several people there, so it's not going to happen. I bet she doesn't even want to be there, hence why she left. I don't think she's completely faultless for why some people don't like her either, nor do I put full blame on her. She clearly rubs many the wrong way.

• Members

If I was Tonya I wouldn't come back to this crap full time either. Olivia is another Neil need a Dru to keep her intertesting. They might as well get rid of all of them & start fresh with a new black family where MAB can put her own stamp on them.

I just don't think these writers are serious about the black people. & i'm sure Tonya probably feels the same way.

• Members

Um, I'm pretty sure that Tonya runs her own Film Festival in Canada and is very involved with many outside projects to commit full time to Y&R.

Jack Smith did nothing with her and basically forced her leave anyway. Since her first departure, she's done many things.

And the black character issue isn't Y&R's exclusively. All of daytime, not to mention some parts of primetime, told more compelling and truthful stories with their minority chaacters a deacade ago than they do now.

• Members

Even without Dru Neil has plenty to do & significant chemistry with Nikki, Olivia, Victoria, Nina, Jill, Sharon & Phyllis.

TPTB just refuse to write for him (much like Doug) & keep trying to recreate the magic of Neil/Dru than actually writing for him.

Kristoff's very capable (though not as singular as Braeden or dynamic as Bergman).

None of them have.

But they all interfere with TPTB's blatant agenda.

Not at all.

Doug was a Lead LONG before Cricket.

In fact their relationship was more beneficial for HER than him.

Everyone in Victor/Nikki's orbit is a plot device.

EVERYONE.

Not at all.

What TPTB NEED to do is cast Nate, recast Lily & write for Devon the same way they do their peers.

• Members

The Sony site added more pics of AFTRA's tribute to Jeanne Cooper.

Heather Tom's dress is hideous.

Eileen Davidson's dress was gorgeous though.

See the pics here: http://www.theyoungandtherestless.com/spec...llery_4443.html

This thread has already severely gone off-topic, screw my rant earlier. :lol:

I didn't know Jeanne is old friends with Kathleen Noone...

Archived