Do you believe?

taybas123

• Members

I was watching this show about the Loch Ness monster, Big Foot, and all of that and was curious how many people believe in it. I guess I like to believe in the possibilty that creatures like that could exist but until I see it with my own two eyes , I think I'll always be a little skeptical.

Do you believe?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tend to believe in urban legends, but I think for me it's the mystery of it all. The unexplained and the unknown, more so than the actual thing that the mystery is about. Does that make sense?

I'm one who is intrigued by it all, urban legends, mystical, mythical, magical ..etc.

Soap :)

• Members

I agree, I love the mysteries of the world, but I don't think I believe in them necessarily. Do I believe in aliens? No. Do I believe in ghosts? Well, I dunno. I think there are many people who have witnessed those kind of things.

• Members

Okay, I know that this will sound crazy, but I swear I've seen a UFO before.

I was at my grandma's house and we were in her living room. Her house overlooked a big field, in the middle of the country. Anyway, it was the middle of the night, and I was asleep on the couch. She was sitting in the dark talking to her sister on the phone. I woke up when the phone rang, and leaned up... when I looked out the window, I swear I saw a UFO. I'm not kidding, LoL. My grandma saw it too. It wasn't far in the distance. It was literally right across the road in the side yard of the country house across the street just hovering for about 30 seconds or so, so we weren't making something out of nothing from lights in the sky from a distance -- what we saw was seriously right there in plain sight. It was about 2 - 3 stories off the ground, though I have no clue how big it was. Not huge, but definitely noticeable. It was in the typical roundish shape, from what I saw. And there wasn't a bunch of lights, just one blinking light. Me and my grandma both were like, "Holy...!" My grandma dropped the phone and everything, and I couldn't speak... I was, like, in awe, LoL. I froze, and I was scared shitless.

Anyway, we both looked at it and then all of a sudden it took off faster than anything I've ever seen. I mean, it was literally there, and then gone. Like the snap of a finger. It didn't break any sound barriers or anything... actually, it didn't make any sound at all. It just zipped off in about .2 seconds, LoL. Definitely faster than any US aircraft could ever dream of being.

My grandma picked up the phone and her sister was asking what the hell happened. She said, "I just saw a "ufer!" LoL

Anyway, if she hadn't been there and seen it with me, I know like hell that nobody would believe me. But we both saw it, so I know I'm not crazy. I ended up going home the next day, but my grandma said that there were quite a few people further in town talking about how they saw something weird in the sky that night, too. So apparently we weren't the only ones who saw it, either. God, I wish I had a camera, LoL.

I don't know any other explanation for that, though.

I'm sure that "aliens" aren't the stereotypical slimy green monster looking things that we see in movies, though.

Okay, everybody call me a crazy bastard now!

• Members

You know Kenny that freaks the [!@#$%^&*] outta me.

My roomate SWEARS that she saw something weird in the sky one night, although it is NOTHING a crazy as your story.

She said that she woke feeling very strange, like she woke up for a reason, but she didn't understand why and she felt like someone was looking at her through her window, at the point she looked through her blinds and she said that she saw a light moving across the sky like a satellite would move, only it was like bright like 10 stars put together.

She said she watched it for a couple second, then it stopped where it was, and did like a right angle shift and started moving the otherway. She said it made a movement in a ABSOLUTE "L" shape and then it skirted out of view in like 2 seconds. This sounds crazy but she said that she felt like it somehow knew she was watching it.

I know not much to make off, but one thing is for sure, STARS do NOT move like that, planes DO NOT move like that and satellites DO NOT move like that. She said it was moving fast like a satellite, then stopped COMPLETELY, shifted in an L shape and started moving and then flew off in matter of seconds.

She swears by this and I believe her, she woke me up because she was so damned scared and I swear she looked like she was gonna barf or something, it really affected her for some reason.

Anyways that story always creeped me out and your story only freaks me out even more. I don't know how I would be able to function after that, I would be worried that it saw me looking at it.

• Members

LoL, that's crazy.

What I saw was quite a few years ago. I was probably 13 or 14, maybe a little older. But I remember it like it was yesterday. I just remember going into total shock, you know like when you're really scared, and you can barely breathe, and you can't say anything... as if the wind's been knocked out of you? That was my reaction. I couldn't do or say anything until it zipped off and then I was like, "Whoa... that was CRAZY!" Definitely one of those "pinch yourself to make sure you're not dreaming" moments.

Ever since there, I've totally believed in life on other planets, somewhere. I certainly don't believe that they're the stereotypical scary monster aliens from the movies, and I don't believe they're here to harm us. Probably just studying us the way we study other planets.

• Members

But you didn't feel freaked out or anything? I don't know my first reaction would be probably what you explained and then utter fear.

Like it would be hard for me to probably sleep, knowing what I saw.

Im no !@#$%^&*], but superstituous things like this FREAK THE [!@#$%^&*] outta me, especially when people have encounters with them.

For instance my grandmother who lives in Italy, swears that when she was young she and her sisters were sleeping in bed together when all of a sudden she felt someone was pulling at her feet. She thought it was one of her sisters at first but then it started to yank her hard and she noticed that her sisters were both still sleeping, then it pulled my grandmother down the bed and she started screaming, her sisters woke up and saw her being pulled down the bed and they grabbed her hands and were pulling her back, and then it just stopped and she felt it let go of her. The whole time though they never saw anybody physically pulling her, mind you it was dark, but she said it took all of her sisters pulling her back to keep her from flying right off the bed.

My grandfather who also lives in Italy told me that when he and his brother were very young they used to have to keep watch over their cows in their fathers field. He said they made this like fort thing in this tree where they slept and made sure nothing happened. They had this watchdog that always slept at the bottom of the tree and would also bark whenever it heard even the smallest sound. Anyways my grandpa and his brother fell asleep and heard a small galloping noise outside, they both woke up and looked outside and saw nothing, but they heard the galloping noise. They thought nothing of it at first, but minutes later, they heard it again only louder and it sounded like it was getting closer and closer to them, then it escalated into a ROAROUS thundering noise, so loud that my grandpa had to cover his ears it hurt so bad, both him and his brother. He says it was like a stamped of freaking horses running all down their feilds and right under the tree, but there was NOTHING visual outside, they didn't see anything and the dog slept through the ENTIRE thing.

The only reason my grandpa believed this happened was because his brother experienced it with him. Living back in war-torn Europe and all the ancient history there, I am sure that some pretty creepy things have happened there to many people.

Those two stories always freak the [!@#$%^&*] outta me.

• Members

Loch Ness - No

Big Foot - No

Aliens - I believe life exists elsewhere in the Universe, but not in "aliens" as we defined them in pop culture

Ghosts - No

They put a man on the moon - Yes

The afterlife - No

Tooth fairy - No

Easter Bunny - No

Santa - No

Bloody Mary - No

Satan/Devil - No

God - No

Multiple Gods - No

What do I believe in? Science.

• Members

White Noise? Yes

Psychics? A few

Loch Ness? Yes

Aliens? Yes (But not little greem men)

Ghosts? Yes (I have encounterd many) But I would love for someone to give me a scientific explaination of how four of my family members, including myself saw my dead grandfather walking up my grandmothers stairs. ;)

UFO's? Yes

The Moth Man? Yes

People are taught not to believe in these things so they don't see them. If you believe in them, it's much easier for you to see/hear ghosts and such. But maybe I just need a visit to the asylum? LOL

Archived