Bring Morgan Fairchild on contract (plus Joan Collins on recurring) to B&B!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be great, but with B&B's track record, they wouldn't last more than 5 minutes. B&B brings on new characters, keeps them on the frontburner for awhile and then fades them in the background when they don't know what else to do with them.

• Members

That crazy ass Molly. I miss The City, and Sylph, just the other day I found a couple of old tapes. I will put them on YouTube ONE of these days! :P

Morgan is a very stylish lady on and off screen. Maybe it's a southern thing, but she loves color, she is not one of those New Yorkers in unimaginative head-to-toe black day in and out. I think SATC is responsible for bringing color back to NY, but I digress. TV Guide did a page on Morgan when she was doing The City where they went in her closet and there were all of these bright colorful shoes and suits. I remember another article where she was lounging in her new NY apartment on a pink leather sofa. But she wore a lot of her own stuff on The City including chinchilla and lynx coats long after ABC sent down a pronouncement that there were to be no more furs for Erica Kane and the citizens of Pine Valley. I really wish things could have worked out with The City, as I said, I was watching a few eps the other day and the show has held up beautifully. It was a good looking show.

• Members

The City's production model is everything GL's should be, but isn't. I know it cost some money, but I don't think the show had THAT big of a budget, especially since it was so new, low rated, and spun off from a low rated soap. I loved how the filmic look made the show look, and the location footage was effortlessly blended with the studio stuff, the editing just rocked. If soaps had to adopt a more location-based production model in upcoming years, I hope they can tap into the hybrid model The City used.

BTW, here's the first segment of the first episode of The City. Morgan makes her grand entrance via a helicopter 2:41 in.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Members

ITA with you. The City had that ABC Daytime glow that GH had to an annoying level, and SNL would later mock The View for having, but I believe it originated at The City where it was used best. I can't say enough how pretty the show looked, especially the scenes in Syndney's penthouse where there was a lot of color and contrast. There was a lot of white brick in the main loft set that the show used for all of the interiors (switching out furniture to create the separate homes/businesses). Angie's clinic looked, well, clinical, the Corinthians' loft was airy and pretty empty as they were young folk who'd just relocated to SoHo, but Tess' modeling agency was bright and fresh, and Buck's bar was warm and cozy for being such a huge space. I'm sure it wasn't totally inexpensive as you said, and shooting/permits what have you in Manhattan isn't exactly the same as it would be in Peapack, but it sure looked a hulluva lot nicer. If GL could just "wash" its footage in some sort of effect, that would be an improvement. The outdoors stuff was gorgeous too. But The City was artsier, sometimes they would do that bare bones Peapack stuff, there were scenes all in one long shot where the camera would sit way back and they didn't use boom mics, just picked up the audio from the camera. They did some cool gritty stuff. I think someone needs to send Miss Wheeler some old tapes of The City. :P

• Members

If I could only get my hands on those leopard chairs. Those chairs, and Alexis's tusks desk. :P

I bet those chairs are backstage at The View somewhere. When The View first started, I'm pretty sure they used them with slip covers (not the same slip covers Tracy had made for them ;) ).

• Members

Let me just put it this way: Brad Bell is aware that the canvas of the show is not sustainable. He is aware that many fans aren't happy. He is aware that his own mother isn't happy. He is aware that things need to change. The challenge is to evolve the show without destroying it. He attempted this change in 2003 with the Marone's, Hector and Samantha...it failed and he's smarted from that ever since.

If everyone logged onto the B&B website and wrote to the show (www.boldandbeautiful.com, then put your cursor over Message Board, then click Write To The Show) requesting Morgan Fairchild and Joan Collins I truly believe results would happen. Brad takes his viewers seriously, regardless of where they live.

All fans have equal voice, give Morgan Fairchild and Joan Collins a voice for B&B!

Archived