GH:Endgame Saga (2001)

• Members

this was one of the best done storylines GH has ever done.When The Cassadines were at the top of that game,Luke and Laura were still on the show,Lucky was played by a blond guy and Nikolas played by that other guy.I am on Part 30 and i am enjoying it right now.JFP needs to bring back The Cassadines and restart the war in order to bring back a lot of ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9F31320C277786A7

The link to Part 1 of 141...Yes 141 parts.

Anyone remember the storyline

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That story had tons of promise, but it really falls apart.

It was based on a story document submitted by Tony Geary to clear out the Cassadines, reposition Luke/Laura and their family, and harken back to the Monty style GH, but with emotional ties and the substance and characterizations of the Riche era.

Geary has washed his hands of what it became under JFP and McTavish( i think it was her), as they took his ideas and piled crap onto them, including the return of Stavros by FOJ Robert Kelker Kelly. They also had to bail on any lasting changes to the hospital because 9/11 happened, and the bioterrorism plot and blowing up the hospital was deemed in bad taste. So the whole thing just kind of dies out.

• Members

im enjoying it so far.yes it was chessy that Stavros rose from the grave but the uniting of The Cassadines was very good.Stavros is one creepy villian and its unlikely but i would like to see him come back for another stint.Also H8 Nikolas #2 anyone agree.

• Members

This is when I officially stopped watching this soap. As much as I always though Stavros sounded like great charcter his death was too compounded with too much that had to do with the Cassadine vs the Spencers. What was more ridiculous than raising him from the dead was that as much as Helena hated them for killing him and Mikkos this act to me made all of those actions make no sense at all when he was alive again

• Members

Geary said on SoapNet's One Day With... to Wally Kurth that he his writing partner Irene did write the original pitch, but it was "dreadfully misinterpreted" by 'the writer.' In true form of those who dislike 'the writer's' work, Geary never mentioned her by name, either. He was discussing that in comparison to the other pitch he and his partner wrote which was Luke and Laura's return, introducing Lucky and how that was done by Claire Labine.

I remember reading online during that time (wow, I can't believe it was that long ago!) that Steve Nichols (Stefan) said that the storyline was being rewritten up to the last minute. They'd show up on set and be handed completely different pages they never saw before ,or reshoot scenes they did weeks ago edited into an episode days before it aired in order to accomodate the storyline change due to 9/11.

Now, from a viewer standpoint -- I remember, even back then, watching it unfold thinking it was rather cheesey. I was attempting to enjoy it, what with it climaxing around the 20th anniversary of Luke and Laura's wedding and all... and had hoped that I would be a part of history the way everyone was 20 years before when I was too young to even know about anything outside of Sesame Street and the Electric Company -- and 321 Contact. However, I was rather embarrassed. It seemed way too 1960's Batman for me.

Plus, it had too many stains of 'the writer's' crappiness all over it. One of the things I always questioned about that storyline was Ryan Jax coming to save the day because... why? Last time I checked, Jax was a corporate raider -- not a crimefighter. This was supposed to be Luke and Laura's adventure.

With that said, I still have the conclusion on tape from seven years ago. :mellow:

• Members

I loved this story. This was the best story in the last 15 years or so. The scene where Stavros rises from the dead in that lab is like something out of Frankenstein. Jacob Young was great when brainwashed Lucky had to stab Luke with the needle. There was so much that was fun about this, and it worked in a large amount of cast.

• Members

An utterly dreadful almost-end to an equally dreadful creative regime. They threw virtually every fuckin' character on the show into that goddamn underground maze and they all stood around looking like [!@#$%^&*] idiots. Jax, Roy, Sonny, you name it, everyone looked like an absolute fool.

JFP/MMT GH was almost exactly like JFP/MMT OLTL with the FOJs and tacky, quick hackjobs on longtime characters. Watching everything Jill and Megan had not-so-carefully tried to assemble (Angel, Skye's dominance, Melissa and Roy, etc) be taken apart in 2002 was almost, almost worth everything that has come since. The sublime vengeance came in how JFP was powerless to watch it all happen.

Notice: Jill has almost no power at GH today, but she finally got to blow up the hospital and redesign it this year.

Archived