CBS PLEASE CANCEL AS THE WORLD TURNS!!!!

• Members

Why on earth would you want ATWT canceled? Aren't you a fan of GL? Would you like it if your 70+ year old soap die?

Anyhow, I don't watch ATWT but it has to remain on the air. Daytime cannot afford to loose another soap. As for the writers, they are the ones who should be replaced. P&G doesn't give a crap about their soaps anymore. As long as they get their money, they will lay their fat ass down and drink rum all day long.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think a new show would probably have lower ratings than ATWT and GL, or about the same level. B&B has the all important Y&R lead-in and even then their ratings aren't that great. They (B&B) probably get by more on their international appeal.

• Members

Why? Because it is a mess. And it isnt going to get better but worse. I am a GL, ATWT and Y&R fan from way back in the late 70's. I am not enjoying the show anymore. I have little energy to even tape the damn show. I think I am just going to take it out of my DVR taping. That will leave just GL. I watch Y&R on Soapnet and love ever minute of the show.

• Members

is not the only big name returning

I just hope after

and

returns the writing will be better but with them 2 in charge it might not work for another go around with

and

which I like

the most out of anyone on this show except Maura West's Carly is another one there tide for 1st

• Members

So if you must, stop watching. I don't see how that means CBS should cancel the show for anyone else who might still want it to survive and send hundreds of people out of work, ending a 50+ year institution, and completely ending any chance of ever seeing the show returning to its glory days again..

• Members

There's no guarantee of that. And CBS would look at things realistically with the new show: they would wish for #1 in the households, but aim for a solid third place(behind B&B).

But this is all talk anyway. No one wants to invest in a new soap, sadly.

But their international appeal is revenue for the production company ONLY and has nothing to do with their performance as a domestic series.

There's no denying that B&B does well because it has Y&R as a lead-in, but let's not devalue what B&B(when it's great) brings to the industry and to CBS.

• Members

I have a BIG problem with this point people always bring up in regards to saving a dying soap(or other TV show). This pathetic excuse that it will put X-# of people out of work.

The sad reality is that GL's constant budget slashing has already put many longtime technicians, directors, producers, and staffers out of jobs. Where was the sympathy for those people when Wheeler/TeleNext/The Eye moved the show to the CBS Broadcasting Center? Where was the sympathy for those people operating pedestal cameras who got cut for 20 year olds who could do the job for less than half of what those crew people were getting paid? Those people that got cut because of Wheeler/TeleNext/CBS's budget slashing were real people too. Did you forget about them?

To love your show and not want it to end for your own selfish reasons is fine. But please, do us all a favor and spare me the whole "hundreds of people out of work" crap.

• Members

Yup because it is in the spoiler area of SON. Some fans might not know. And the Rosanna spoiler should have been tagged too..hehe.

Yeah..I agree. What about Martha Byrne?? Where is the sympathy for her. Yes, I know she got a job as a writer. What about sympathy for Scott Bryce?? All those vets on the show who are not working. How about cutting Goutman's salary in half or even less. He is doing a lousy job of producing the show anyways.

Archived