CBS PLEASE CANCEL AS THE WORLD TURNS!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well at least GL is bringing back fan favorites to the canvas. ATWT numbers really need to go lower for anything drastic to be done. Otherwise it will be status quo with Goutman. What would be so sweet is for GL to pass ATWT in the ratings. Let's see what smart ass Goutman would do.

• Members

ICAM! Goutman is long past his shelf life. These days, GL is a much better show but the ratings don't show it. Both shows will be on for another year, with Goutman and Wheeler at the helm so don't expect miracles.

• Members

I read that Colleen Zenk Pinter's tongue cancer has returned, so that could partially explain her lack of airtime. I've always thought of all the existing shows, ATWT has the most capacity to tell true-to-life multigenerational stories, given so many vets are still around and the fact that it's always had the most natural, homey feel of all the soaps. Whether for financial or creative reasons, they refuse to go that route, which is pretty sad. Just a lot of wasted potential with this show. Who knows how much Goutman's and Passanante's hands are tied with CBS and P&G. They must be under tremendous pressure to get those demos up.

• Members

I read about Pinter too. I hear she is doing well though. But what about all the other vets not being used?

At least Wheeler got her hands untied from P&G. Aleksander is back....Krista Tesearu is back..and supposedly more Big Names are returning.

Goutman gives us the shame [!@#$%^&*] with Paul 24/7. Roger Howarth has run his course at ATWT. He needs his walking papers. I hate Paul Ryan. He use to be one of my favorites. Now that Roger and Pissy and Co. took over they have ruined this character to no end.

Katie is back full force once again. And you say with what?? Another I want a baby storyline. How original...Pissy must have wanted zillionths of kids growing up! :rolleyes:

• Members

I have to imagine certain well-performing markets are sick of having ATWT and GL on their schedule, especially GL. A syndicated program can give a station more local ad time to sell. And in this economy, money is everything.

I have to agree with Y&RWorldTurner...I think ATWT can be salvaged. But I think the biggest mistake would be keeping the show on the air at the expense of firing vets and slashing the budget so badly to the point where you can't even afford professional studio time. I'd rather see ATWT cancelled before I would ever want to see that happen.

They should have axed one or both of these shows years ago and used the money to find a suitable, network-owned companion to Y&R/B&B.

• Members

I guess we will be finding out in April? Is that when they annouce it. I thought ATWT was making budget cuts? But they keep adding more people. It does not make any sense. I would think with as badly as they are doing ratings would matter especially the demos. Is any soap really safe nowdays.

• Members

Who are they adding?? I don't see any Big Name returning except for you know who. The rest are paid peanuts for their awful acting.

I could see ATWT and GL merging into one show. Lucinda butting heads with Alan Spaulding..etc......I doubt that would ever happen though.

• Members

i heard those rumors too. But look who is on the show right now and featured.

Parker, Liberty, Jack, Janet, Katie, Brad, Vienna, Henry, Carly, Luke, Noah, Casey, Ally, Jade, with other day players included. Talk about a snooze fest of a show.

Of course we have the same regular 4.....Paul, Meg, Craig and Dusty...which are old school characters but bore me to tears and have been on way too long in the front burner.

• Members

Well, Is it possiable that they could have to cut some costs for renewnal. If they get renewed. Last year I think they were in third place and now they are in seventh I believe. With todays economy who knows. I don't see much hope for the show either with JP and CG still there.

• Members

Another problem is the storyline pacing. Some stories last forever and drag and drag and drag....ie...the I want a baby [!@#$%^&*] story. The Craig reappears..disappears and returns again story. Meg and Paul...ugh...never endsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..then we have stories like Lucinda and Brian which ended faster than it started(no beginning ...middle ...or good ending) with no payoff whatsoever!!

• Members

One of my friends on another board who works for CBS as an intern has told me in the last few months that ATWT doesn't have the money to use the vets more than they use them. If money is low I could see that - so they use them sparingly to keep them as part of the show.

ATWT is very vet heavy. Since Days has cut most of its vets and AMC has lost so many to death, ATWT is the show with the most vets left. She also heard that P&G got such bad publicity over firing the vets at GL to save the show money that they are scared to try letting anyone go at ATWT esp. after they tried to cut Martha Byrne's guarantees to save money and got such bad publicity out of it.

Now none of this is substantiated - just sharing what she told me. Some of it does make sense.

I hate to see ATWT take on the production model of GL but at the same time if it would save them money and allow them to hire some old faves it might be worth it.

One that that can be said about Wheeler she did save GL money and now they are reaping the benefits by hiring some of the old faves back and even getting to do a remote to Universal.

Archived