Melody Thomas Scott Celebrates 30 Years on Y&R

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On any other soap, that announcement might have had me worried how much longer it would be before TPTB got rid of her or sent her to the backburner. Not on a Bell soap. MTS has many more years, and many more frontburner storylines to celebrate!

• Members

Finally, a closer look at that legendary dressing room...

Basically I still can't stand that woman but as an actress she has really come to her own in the last decade. Considering that after so many years many stop trying or lose their enthusiam, this is a true accomplishment. Congrats Melody to 30 indeed memorable years and in the current you've my blessing to many more to come...

• Members

I cannot believe it's been 30 years already! I haven't been watching quite that long but MTS never disappoints me. She is the epitome of what's wrong with the damn Emmy's and what a farce they are.

• Members

Her slow breakdown as her marriage to David collapsed and then the Sabrina/David death was Emmy-worthy and should have netted her AT THE VERY LEAST a pre-nom. I don't understand why she didn't get one. Is she really so deathly unpopular? I can clearly remember interviews by Sharon Case, Heather Tom and Amelia Heinle talking about what a wonderful woman she is to them. HT practically considers her a second mom.

• Members

The whole arc was spectacular, leading to Nikki's relapse, and then the scenes in Mexico, followed by Nikki swallowing her pride and asking for Ashley's help.

Do we know for certain if MTS didn't want her name submitted for pre-noms?

• Members

Congratulations Melody Thomas Scott on your 30th anniversary on Y&R! It's criminal that she's only been nominated once (1999) for lead actress. Melody was totally ROBBED of a lead actress nomination and win in 1992 during Nikki's substance abuse storyline.

Archived