All: Thaao Penglis

• Members

He has always been committed to Days, but I think should try another soap that will show his true talents. I would love to see him bring the Cassidines back to life on GH. I think he was Victor Cassidine if I am not mistaken. Jill could use a love interest on Y&R or he can blow in Llanview as Noelle's father and a lover for Carlotta.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing about Thaao (which can be said about a couple other fellow DAYS actors) is that he's trying to cover up his age to the point that he just looks ridiculous. Shoe-polish dark hair, matching darkened eyebrows, and make-up & bronzer that's about an inch thick. He's trying to pass himself off as 40something when he's 60ish.

There's plenty of out-of-work soap stars... Thaao wouldn't be at the top of my wishlist of those I want to see pop up in Genoa City, Llanview, etc.

• Members

I never understood the fuss about this actor.

His bumbling line readings irritate me.

Apart from 25 years on and off Days,what else has he done of note,acting wise?

As for his "sexy,sauve"persona,I think a lot of female fans are deluding themselves.

And he has no taste in interior decoration.

End of bitch rant!

• Members

I just don't care about Thaao to give a damn where he lands. The only time I liked him was during his first DAYS run, in the early 80s. Everything else has been blah for me, especially his AWFUL run on SB as Micah.

I'm more concerned about Leann Hunley finding some work. Now that lady is tres fabulous!

• Members

Thaao Penghlis is unlike any other actor on daytime, IMO. He also has a wealth of bizarre, varied work from '80s primetime and film. I still remember him getting high with William Hurt in Altered States.

Years ago I wanted him to play, of all things, a love interest for Viki on OLTL. I thought it would be absolutely hilarious to have him as an eccentric Llanview University professor, basically playing himself - this vulgar, sarcastic lecherous old bon vivant who lusts for younger women, then crosses paths with Erika Slezak. A real odd couple.

• Members

I remember him fondly from that show where he played the master of disguise and impersonation, Nicholas Black. And did so brilliantly.

I recorded almost all episodes and still have them on tape. The 80s revival of Mission: Impossible was arguably the best remake of any classic TV series, in my books, because it wasn't actually a remake but a continuation, because the cast was pretty good and it at least stayed true to the formula and concepts of the original series. In fact, many M:I fans have developed greater appreciation for the revived series, not least because the Tom Cruise movies are such a disgusting betrayal of the concept.

Jane Badler, of OLTL and The Doctors fame, also played on the show as Shannon.

Archived