Oh my...did anyone see the new OLTL promo!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnYJHVNI-TI

This one seems to be longer and heavy on the Gigi/Rex/Stacey.

LOL! First thing that really captured my interest was the mystery. John comes charging up the stairs of ASH when he hears Martyr scream. He has a coffee cup in his hand. He break the door open. No coffee cup. Where'd the coffee go?

• Members

The Promo: I loved it! I don't think it gave too much away, and it whet my appetite for more details. Who would want to stab Blair in the shower?!! Who would want Wes dead?! Both things would pave the way for a John/Marty reunion, so hopefully it's Cole, messed up on drugs, and they can write him out. LOL.

Crystal Hunt: I never really saw her on GL, but I thought she was well-received as a ditzy bubble-headed, dog-toting princess? In the scenes I saw of her, she was no Meryl Streep, but she did bring an Andrea Evans quality that I LOVE, and also made me wish she'd been cast as nuSarah. When she said "A town called Llanview is calling..." I was excited, and it sounded just like Andrea Evans to me.

Stacy/Gigi's sister: I think expanding on Gigi's background is a natural place to go from here. It seems they've tapped out on current drama, so dredging up drama from Gigi's past and family might create a lot more opportunities. Having a "bad sister" may annoy viewers by highlighting Gigi as the "good sister" (although, how good could Gigi have been if she got knocked up in high school?!) And I guess Stacy being a Vegas showgirl qualifies as worse? However the good thing that MIGHT come out of this is that if viewers aren't loving Gigi, or Rex/Gigi, having an antagonist to the relationship might provide the "voice of the audience," and Stacy could say all the hateful things about Gigi and her relationship with Rex that the audience has been thinking for a while. That is usually pretty satisfying to the audience, so watching this girl come and torture this over-propped couple might be a welcome break, and could shine a light on whether Rex/Gigi are really rootable or not.

I'm actually secretly hoping that it was Stacy who was pregnant by Rex, gave birth to Shane, and Gigi was merely faking her pregnancy to help her sister. Gigi wore a pregnancy pad while Stacy had run away, and Gigi took the brunt of their parents disappointment, and took on the responsibility of raising Shane to protect Shane from being lost in a foster care system and from Gigi's flighty sister. If the story goes THERE, it will be juicy and complicated and messy and I'll love every second of it. It would actually work too, because Gigi would have been envious that her sister was the mother of Rex's child, Brody would have been away in battle during Shane's birth, and no one would have been around to know whether Gigi was really pregnant or not. And considering the jackass Rex was back then, I could see him having slept with both sisters.

Archived