Oh my...did anyone see the new OLTL promo!

• Members

I caught it last night on Soap Net. It started off with the status quo, with scenes of Rex and Gigi, Marty and John. Then as it goes on, it shows John walking in on Marty lying next to Wes's bloodied body and she waking up with a shocked look on her face. Then it shows Blair in the shower getting attacked by someone with a knife. I'll try to find a link to it, but it looks like we have an exciting month coming up.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw that, I was stunned..

First off, I'm disapointed if they kill off Wes. I really enjoyed his character, but this is going to be a fun storyline. Clearly Marty didn't do it but will be the first suspect.. and who stabbed Blair in the shower? Can't wait for the Go Red ball!

And speaking of Gigi's sister, I thought it was suppose to be Talia's sister that came to town? Maybe I misread it.

• Members

No, you're right. I think it was planned as Talia's sister, but for some reason, they changed it. They do want Farah at the center of the show so it makes sense. Also, maybe they're gonna write Talia out when Antonio leaves? I don't know what she's gonna do other than be the generic cop role :(

• Members

Is Crystal Hunt really all that bad? The big waste I see in making her Gigi's sister is that - especially now that I've seen her on-screen - she REALLY looks like she'd have made a fine Sarah recast... especially if they wanted to "Tina-fy" the character.

As for the rest of the promo, I love it. I'm already trying to figure out who the stabber is... and I've come up with one theory that would be a fun shocker. And there's definitely a Hitchcock influence being played on the show right now, right down to some of the camera work (think the scene from Friday's episode, where scene cuts to dark and Tea's back walks away from the camera, then stands center in a wide shot of the courthouse hallway).

• Members

I saw it, and it fuckin pissed me off! :angry: Other than cast coming and goings, I've basically been spoiler free when it comes to OLTL. But in one promo I found out

Crystal Hunt is playing Gigi's sister Stacy and Stacy is gonna go after Rex

Wes gets killed

Someone stabs Blair while she's in the shower

Now when all this s.hit happens I won't even be shocked, thanks a lot ABC! :rolleyes:

• Members

ITA Carl. Unless Crystal Hunt has improved tremendously, watching her opposite FF is going to be about as entertaining as having my teeth drilled.

I'm sorry, but Justis Bolding is an infinitely better performer than Crystal Hunt, if her run as Lizzie Spalding is any example.

I don't think she was ever going to be Talia's sister. They often change the names in the showfax scripts to throw us off.

• Members

Personally, my comment about a Sarah recast wasn't a criticism of Bolding. I thought critics were strangely harsh on her. But that being said, the decision was already made to let Bolding go. I'm open to Sarah coming back with a different actress, especially if it involves Tina making a (much improved) second comeback to Llanview...

I'd just rather see Sarah than a sister for Gigi. I have no problem with Gigi or Farah Fath, I just don't think the character is all that worthy of introducing her a family.

• Members

I'd like to add, that that making her Crystal Hunt's character Gigi's sister is gag worthy and the most boring route they could have taken the character. It would have been more interesting if she was the trouble making sister of Talia, or even Sarah, but Gigi's manipulative sister? It just seems that that her introduction will serve as yet another way to prop Gigi and even her pairing with Rex even more. Gigi will be good, her sister evil and obviously wanting to steal Rex away. I'd rather they went with Adrianna or even Brody to give these two a story.

• Members

Yeah - ABC is stupid and just did that with all three shows in these longer formatted promos. They put all the good stuff in there, and its like you don't even have to watch it now. I think it's ridiculous. You can lead up to the shocking stuff, but don't show the best scenes in the promos. Its frustrating...

• Members

I'd think OLTL might pause at just how many different ways they've had to prop this couple. Whatever happened to writing stories based on character? Rex has lost most of what made him stand out in the first place and Gigi is this uneasy combination of sycophant and showhorse. Why not focus on Rex's relationship with Shane instead of another triangle?

I wouldn't mind seeing him dump Gigi and get together with her sister, since that would show Gigi that the power of their great love can't make Rex a complete saint.

I mean to give Crystal Hunt a chance, she's been away from GL for three or four years and could have improved. oltl has many good actors she can learn from. She can also learn what not to do from her most immediate costars.

• Members

I completely agree. But CH in any role is a huge obstacle to it's success. JMO.

I don't understand the propping of Rex and Gigi at all. What's the driving force that requires this pairing to be front and center? They're marginally connected to the rest of the characters, sort of like Michael and Marcie. There's a place for those kinds of characters and if used properly, they can become an important part of the overall canvas. I kind of like them, but if you shoved chocolate mousse down my throat and I'd find it unpleasant.

That said. I really hope they're about to kill off Shane. Rex and Gigi don't need to be saddled with a preteen son, Shane doesn't really have any contemporaries on the show that he can have story with (Matthew's too old, and I think Jack is too young, and I really hate the teens anyway, so I certainly don't advocate going even younger), and his death might provide them with some decent drama.

Archived